Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farren Ray is a Dog

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I only know Mr Olarenshaw from his commentary/boundary riding duties.

I think you are all being harsh - he's clearly a sandwich short of a picnic.

How did he become a player manager?
    He studied Physio with a mate of mine but never attended classes and mucked aroud a bit. Obviously he dropped out. Think he has done Sport Management course(s).
    Player managers should be put in the same boat as used car salesmen, IT recruiters, and real estate agents.

Post Thanks / Like

I forgot Life coaches.

Post Thanks / Like

When I read the thread title I thought I was logged into another site. Poor thread title and to label someone a "dog" is the lowest thing you can ever do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    When I read the thread title I thought I was logged into another site. Poor thread title and to label someone a "dog" is the lowest thing you can ever do.
    If we had a carding system on this forum the dipshit who started this thread should be copping one.

Post Thanks / Like

Such a wasted #4 draft pick with Farren

Hindsight is very funny..

But the 2003 Draft wasnt the best
    With the exceptions of
    #1 - Adam Brownlow Coooooney
    #2 - Andrew Walker
    #5 - Brock Mclean
    #48 - Heath Shaw
    #55 - Sam Fisher
    #58 - Ben Hudson

Gotta go down pretty far to find established players in that draft..

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farren Ray is a Dog (Prick)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    It's fairly clear, after watching Olarenshaw's performances as a boundary rider, that he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
    How he could be in charge of peoples careers is staggering. To think that 17 year old kids hand over their futures to to peanuts like that is just very sad.
    Spot on Dancin'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    True. And they can put a price on their head in the national draft, not just the PSD.
    So Farren has 5 choices:

a) Be traded to the club of his choice.

b) Accept a trade, but not to the club of his choice.

c) Remain with the Bulldogs.

d) Nominate for the National Draft with a price on his head (probably end up at the club of his choice).

e) Nominate for the PSD.

Be interesting to see how this unfolds today/tomorrow.

Disappointed too as others have said with thread title/references.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Farren Ray is a Dog (Prick)

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Spot on Dancin'
    I also think we shouldn't be too hasty in judging Farren.
    99% of what you read in the sports pages is crap and who knows? He might still end up staying.
    Wait 'til he officially goes, then it's open season.

Post Thanks / Like

Olarenshaw must be doing something right in the player manager game, seeing as he is the manager of the current Brownlow Medallist. He was a mad Bulldogs fan as a kid I so am quite puzzled by his most recent comments, especially considering that all other comments from either the Ray camp or the Dogs camp in the last couple of weeks have been full of mutual goodwill.

What is raised publicly and what goes on behind the scenes are often two completely different things. Hopefully both parties are continuing to work together behind closed doors to achieve a mutually beneficial desired result.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm used to players leaving the club. I no longer get bitter about it because players swapping clubs is one of the things that the comp is now predicated on. Farren is welcome to go anywhere he wants-it's his perogative.

However;

The last player I can remember doing anything close to this selfish and short sighted(if all the reports are true) is Luke Penny. Unlike others I dont really have that much of a problem with the thread title-if the cap fits...
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

This thread is a Dog (apparently that's an insult)
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    The last player I can remember doing anything close to this selfish and short sighted(if all the reports are true) is Luke Penny. Unlike others I dont really have that much of a problem with the thread title-if the cap fits...
    I think they're different issues

My take is we want to sell him to the highest bidder, and that he'd prefer to stay in Melbourne. Olarenshaw is just representing his client and saying trade him where he wants to go. The club is saying if we dont get an offer acceptable we will keep him

I can understand both sides - its all spin & posturing until tomorrow arvo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    The club is saying if we dont get an offer acceptable we will keep him

But that is not an option, so it's silly for the club to say it.

He's uncontracted, he doesn't want to stay, so why say we'll keep him.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    But that is not an option, so it's silly for the club to say it.

He's uncontracted, he doesn't want to stay, so why say we'll keep him.
    The club has not said we will keep him, rather if a suitable trade as far as the club is considered is not found, we will not give him away for nothing, that we would try to rebuild the relationship as we see him as a required player.

We are saying, we will do what you want. If we can't for the reasons of third parties, we want to rebuild the relationship and move forward together.

Olerenshaw is saying, F*** YOU! He is not interested in working out any differences.

It's one thing to say it to the club direct, or have it leak out. But to say it to the media and broadcast it to the footy world bends us over. Whether Farren was behind it (and i'll now concede some benefit of the doubt to him), but Olerenshaw has acted disgracefully. His actions whilst in a juvenile headspace may lead to a trade they do not. Logically he has undercut Farren's trade value, it is an insult to our club. I have worked in senior media roles, including face to camera work, i unerstand the way the media world works, and Olerenshaw had many different strategies he could have used to achieve Farren's desire. This strategy is a dogs act, make no mistake about it. Our club will now suffer some level of disadvantage because of the actions of Farren's manager.

I accept trading and losing players as a reality, that is not my issue. My issue is our club suffers a disadvantage because of the actions of a loose cannon who is actually hurting the chances of his client actually getting to where he wants to get to. We are got bent over with the intital announcement, and then got it so hard without vaseline i can smell blood. Just don't ask me to say thank-you.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I was told Luke Penny ala Nathan Brown was given inducements, (mid year) to not renew his contract, inducements too hard to refuse.

Don't believe everything you read in the paper, Olanrenshaws comments may have been taken out of context, we don't know. However, if Ray wants to leave the club, then we don't want him. Lets hope we can do a reasonable deal as we have put in lots of money and time to develop him and get him to where he is.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.