Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings from Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    whos the poor bloke who has just been knocked out by the looks of it.
    Bryza Lake
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

US camp has Dogs on a high

Rebecca Williams - December 06, 2008

THERE have been trips to NBA, college football and national ice hockey matches and happy snaps at the Grand Canyon.

But Western Bulldogs captain Brad Johnson says the club's US adventure has been anything but a holiday.

The Bulldogs have spent the past week on a high-altitude training camp in Tempe, Arizona, drawing on the world-class facilities at Arizona State University.

The team was introduced to training techniques in power, strength and mobility, combined with recovery techniques and hydrotherapy work, at Tempe's leading Athletes' Performance Centre.

"We have had a great experience, that's for sure," Johnson said from Arizona yesterday.

"We have worked really hard and we have learnt a few different things.

"We got to the gridiron to watch a university game and then we went to watch the Phoenix Suns play basketball and the Arizona Coyotes to watch the ice hockey, which was great to watch live.

"So we have done the fun things, but during the day we have worked extremely hard."

Johnson rated the team's hike through the Grand Canyon yesterday, part of their altitude program, as a highlight of the trip.

"It was amazing and all the boys had the cameras out and were pretty pumped to get as many photos as they could because it could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity," he said.

"Going down was easy, but coming back up was a bit tougher.

"That's the good thing about these trips. It really is massive for team bonding and unity. We certainly worked hard together and we pushed each other through.

"Everyone gets to the top and you feel pretty good because your teammates have been there to push you along."

The camp is a first for the Bulldogs, but Johnson was confident it would pay dividends for the club next year.

"It was a bit of the unknown coming over here. We didn't know what we would get out of it, being the first time here," he said.

"But . . . we can bring a few things home that might give an edge going into next season."

Johnson, in his 16th pre-season at the Dogs, said he felt as fit as ever and thanked the club's young pups for helping keep him on his toes.

"It's going fantastic," Johnson said. "I feel as good as I probably ever have."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petergm View Post
    Crickey, I saw Cam Wight in the photo ....... surely they didnt pay for him to go?

LOL
    I know you said that with tongue in cheek, but I would like to start a fresh with Cam Wight for next season. Lets get over it, he is on the list, he has to work hard if he is going to make something out of a career. One thing with Cam Wight, he never stops trying his guts out. He may not have the talent we wish for such a tall agile man, but he does try very hard.

Hopefully, the camp will help him assess where he is at, as he has the biggest opportunity to try and get a spot in this team lacking quality talls.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petergm View Post
    Crickey, I saw Cam Wight in the photo ....... surely they didnt pay for him to go?

LOL
    Gotta give Wighty some bonus points for getting on the big screen at the Ice Hockey dancing with the cheer leaders & stealing the show!!!

Onya Wighty..

Aker was also captured on screen wearing an Ice Hockey jersey with the number 21 & Akermanis name on the back - only Aker can pull that off!!!....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    One thing with Cam Wight, he never stops trying his guts out. He may not have the talent we wish for such a tall agile man, but he does try very hard.
    That is true he never stops trying - I hope he really does well in 09 - he really loves the Bulldogs and wants to cememt his spot in the side.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I was there in September/October and I have photos exactly the same

Post Thanks / Like

This pic from the Hun, with a shot of the group on the large screen during an Ice Hockey game....

Can anyone work out the players apart from Crossy & Aker?