Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The invisible man

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post

If he can come back as a genuine option in the centre then I will be ecstatic but prepared to give him plenty of time.
    Same here. I see no reason to rush him but he could be a real surprise for us if he can add some value to our ruck group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Thats Golden! View Post
    Same here. I see no reason to rush him but he could be a real surprise for us if he can add some value to our ruck group.

Eade likes to keep the initiative by never being predictable that is a major reason for some rotationsand. He likes keeping the opposition wondering how they can keep up.

Darcy will almost certainly be thrown into the middle at some stage but when least expected. I salivate thinking how well he used to stuff it down Gia's throat so he could put the ball deep into the F50, and how they could do it this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Any updates on Street? Will he be considered for Round 1?
    Last edited by Dry Rot; 27-03-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

From this thread it looks like the invisible man is... ah, well, no, he doesn't look like the invisible man, because he's invisible... but it seems the invisible man might be Wade Skipper. Useful option in the ruck, no?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Any updates on Street? Will he be considered for Round 1?
    Got through the game against Werribee, but don't know how he pulled up nor how he's trained this week. Don't know any more. Does anyone?

Post Thanks / Like

Street has played the last couple of games for Werribee so I guess he is right to play. I have a feeling though that Eade will go in with just Minson being supported by Darcy and McDougall
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Street has played the last couple of games for Werribee so I guess he is right to play. I have a feeling though that Eade will go in with just Minson being supported by Darcy and McDougall
    You may be right, but McDougall, monster that he is doesn't do centre bounce work and Darce may not be ready to give Will too much of a chop out in a real game. The Tall One may find a spot on the bench.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd be shocked if either of Street or Skipper got a look in this week, or at any stage this year - unless things go terribly wrong. They'll be used as back-ups until their form at Werribee warrants inclusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Street is really our number one ruckman until Minson can find form. Many of you won't agree with my assessment, but its based on the last few games for the year that Street played for us. I thought he really came good towards the end of the year and played very well in the finals. Minson coming off an injury really tapered off at the end of last year. He looks fitter this year and not a bad preseason, now he has to prove it on the track. But as far as ruck work, Street is Streets ahead at the moment.

Whether he plays this week will depend on his fitness.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd have to disagree with your bornadog. Although Minson really struggled to find his spot after his injury, surely he helps us win more clearance ball, and is more useful around the ground than Street.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe that both Street and Minson are better than people think. And I think Skippers ability to play influential quarters on the ball are also a bit overlooked, Skipper was very good for almost the first half of the year, does get his hand to the ball and direct it and was kicking a goal a game.

I think Street has far more influence in the centre square tap than people give him credit and I believe he probably worries a lot of opposition sides, and they spend time planning for him. I live in hope he will do more around the ground, he actually is a pretty good kick for a guy his height, a very good shot for goal, and has better hands than he has showcased. I live in hope he still has a big jump to make in what he shows - big men are often like good bottles of wine, getting better with age.

I think Minson has played some dominating centre square patches combining his physical nature with precision tap work.

I am always keen to remind people that Minson has never played a full year in the seniors due to injury and is still very young in ruckmens terms. It took Brendan Lade a long time to become the centre square ruckman that he know is and I think Minson is on the right path. But I do have some concerns about his height that he is not a 4 quarter ruckman and will need to develop other strengths, but I think his marking and goal kicking have shown signs of improvement - he just needs to stay injury free.