Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  92
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Roughead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jordan Roughead

I was certainly in the minority, but actually felt that a fair portion of Roughead's best footy for us was as a tall defender. He played the role in the worst of times, where the defenders were getting exposed by us being poor defensively in the middle when Griff, Coons & Higgins - and to a certain extent Boyd, were all ball hunters and didn't defend, and the ball was coming in pretty easily. Thought Rough battled along pretty well most of the time despite this.

Easy to say in hindsight, but the way the game is being played at the moment, where apart from centre stoppages - teams move the ball via a series of short kicks, and then end up going in long and high - Roughead is quite well suited.

2. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Hang on. Doesn't that make you Mark Williams? Or does it mean you are Alan Scott?
    God which is worse. I'll take Mark.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    God which is worse. I'll take Mark.
    Scott is richer.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Yes...But the issue is why so many players have expressed the need for 'a new environment' over the last 24 months.

Is it going to take someone like Bont (ala Griff in 2014) to express the need for a new environment till we actually review what's happening?
    Ten years at the club was struggling to get a game, we obviously didn’t rate him or he would have been playing and offered a bigger contract.
    Stringer and Dahlhaus completely different, although I do think Luke needed to change.
    And to be honest we weren’t really interested in keeping any that left or we would have signed them earlier and with a decent contract.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Ten years at the club was struggling to get a game, we obviously didn’t rate him or he would have been playing and offered a bigger contract.
    Stringer and Dahlhaus completely different, although I do think Luke needed to change.
    And to be honest we weren’t really interested in keeping any that left or we would have signed them earlier and with a decent contract.
    Both Roughy and Dahl have had the big advantage of walking into top teams which makes an enormous difference. We will always rate them highly as Premiership players

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Roughy sour grapes? Assuming he is having a dig which I'm not convinced he is. I mean what's e going to say I was crap or I wasn't rated? Wasn't rated by Bevo or is not in future plans so was pushed out. Let's face it he was floundering and we lament list cloggers. Strange to bring in Hayes but there you go we clearly wanted running depth.

Glad he's doing well.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Yes.
    It's only a matter of time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nothing to do with being a company man and I wish you and others wouldn't say that.

I just like to hear two sides to every story. Anything wrong with that.
    So we flatly dismiss anything that the club chooses not to respond to.

You'd struggle to find a better clubman than Jordan Roughead. He was a dependable leader and a positive influence on our playing group.

There's nothing wrong with wanting two sides to every story. There's plenty wrong with being so dismissive of someone of Jordan's character.

12. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Scott is richer.
    But far less alive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    So we flatly dismiss anything that the club chooses not to respond to.

You'd struggle to find a better clubman than Jordan Roughead. He was a dependable leader and a positive influence on our playing group.

There's nothing wrong with wanting two sides to every story. There's plenty wrong with being so dismissive of someone of Jordan's character.
    Really????

Who is being dismissive of Jordans character?

I just take articles in the paper with a grain of salt.

Also this

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Roughy sour grapes? Assuming he is having a dig which I'm not convinced he is. I mean what's e going to say I was crap or I wasn't rated? Wasn't rated by Bevo or is not in future plans so was pushed out. Let's face it he was floundering and we lament list cloggers. Strange to bring in Hayes but there you go we clearly wanted running depth.

Glad he's doing well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nothing to do with being a company man and I wish you and others wouldn't say that.

I just like to hear two sides to every story. Anything wrong with that.
    But you will never hear the second side of this story so what do you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    But you will never hear the second side of this story so what do you do?
    Have your own opinion but don't put down other people's opinion.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a bitter irony in a bloke being deemed not good enough for a bottom-four club but being plenty good enough for a likely premier.

I too felt Roughy was just getting by with us and yes life's easier with more quality around you but it makes you ponder the talent we're squandering purely because we're shithouse.

I hope Roughy adds another premiership medallion to his collection this year.

It'll also mean the Cats don't.

Win win.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Testekill, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    There's a bitter irony in a bloke being deemed not good enough for a bottom-four club but being plenty good enough for a likely premier.

I too felt Roughy was just getting by with us and yes life's easier with more quality around you but it makes you ponder the talent we're squandering purely because we're shithouse.

I hope Roughy adds another premiership medallion to his collection this year.

It'll also mean the Cats don't.

Win win.
    This.

I might buy a Collingwood jumper for the day if it means supporting anyone other than Geelong.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    This.

I might buy a Collingwood jumper for the day if it means supporting anyone other than Geelong.
    Can't stand Geelong.