Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  92
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Jordan Roughead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jordan Roughead

I always had a soft spot for Roughy, seems like a genuinely good guy.

I wasn't sure about his footy ability but he's such an integral part of our history now he's a bonafide Bulldog legend.

The eye of JORDAN!

Wonder if he will try his hand at coaching. I've got a memory somewhere he had done some in the past maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Wonder if he will try his hand at coaching. I've got a memory somewhere he had done some in the past maybe?
    I'm pretty sure he helped out with our AFLW team whilst he was with us.

3. Thanks Grantysghost thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Roughy, it will be interesting to see his next steps.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Bulldog Premiership legend.
    Will always remember watching him limp around on the G in bare feet post GF looking like like the most relieved and tired man I've seen.

6. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

His body let him down badly towards the end of his stint at the Dogs and it is no suprise that his body is now forcing him to retire.

Played a crucial role in our 2016 campaign playing 25 games. My lasting memory is that when JJ had his "goal" overturned and we are only nine points up with six minutes to play. Sydney went straight down the middle with a long kick, if it got over the back we would have been in trouble. Roughead takes a towering pack mark in between about four Swans. It was a crucial moment in that last quarter.

Thank you Jordan and I'm sure we will see him progress his coaching career somewhere in the AFL system. One of the good ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    I always had a soft spot for Roughy, seems like a genuinely good guy.

I wasn't sure about his footy ability but he's such an integral part of our history now he's a bonafide Bulldog legend.

The eye of JORDAN!

Didn't get to the bottom of the article GG?
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    His body let him down badly towards the end of his stint at the Dogs and it is no suprise that his body is now forcing him to retire. Played a crucial role in our 2016 campaign playing 25 games. My lasting memory is that when JJ had his "goal" overturned and we are only nine points up with six minutes to play. Sydney went straight down the middle with a long kick, if it got over the back we would have been in trouble. Roughead takes a towering pack mark in between about four Swans. It was a crucial moment in that last quarter.

Thank you Jordan and I'm sure we will see him progress his coaching career somewhere in the AFL system. One of the good ones.
    Love this post AP.

10. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Likes MrMahatma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordan Roughead, what a warrior for our club.

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what it is all about. How good is that smile.

14. Likes azabob, WBFC4FFC, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Didn't get to the bottom of the article GG?
    I just look at the pictures

16. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'm pretty sure he helped out with our AFLW team whilst he was with us.
    From memory Jordan also helped out a woman's suburban football team before aflw was a thing.

Post Thanks / Like

Another BullGod hang up the boots. Such a shame he didn't finish with the club he loved.

Well done on a great career!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    His body let him down badly towards the end of his stint at the Dogs and it is no suprise that his body is now forcing him to retire.

Played a crucial role in our 2016 campaign playing 25 games. My lasting memory is that when JJ had his "goal" overturned and we are only nine points up with six minutes to play. Sydney went straight down the middle with a long kick, if it got over the back we would have been in trouble. Roughead takes a towering pack mark in between about four Swans. It was a crucial moment in that last quarter.

Looking back at a few articles and videos, way back in 2014 he had issues with his shoulders, so his body was always an issue for him.

That moment you mention in the GF is very under rated, and a critical moment.

Good luck to him in retirement, and hopefully he does pop up as a coach.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

20. Thanks angelopetraglia thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I also remember Jordan taking a kid who had been homeless to the Brownlow. He has always been a beautiful person with a great heart. Whatever happened for him to consider retiring if he couldn’t leave our club is a mystery and one I will always feel terribly sad about. Thank you Jordan and hope he in some way becomes an ongoing part of our Bulldog family.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    I also remember Jordan taking a kid who had been homeless to the Brownlow. He has always been a beautiful person with a great heart. Whatever happened for him to consider retiring if he couldn’t leave our club is a mystery and one I will always feel terribly sad about. Thank you Jordan and hope he in some way becomes an ongoing part of our Bulldog family.
    How did Jordan get an invite to the Brownlow?

Saw swamp on twitter quote that Roughy holds the record for most H&A games without a single Brownlow vote - 193 games.

Great servant to our club... 'that' mark was soooo important in 2016... just wished he got back off the mark a little quicker as Tom Boyd was all alone in the FP.

23. Likes EasternWest liked this post