12 75.00%
  • Average

2 12.50%
  • Below Average

0 0%
    Post Thanks / Like

Rating our list 2021: Bailey Williams 34

Hi All,

During the off season I thought I would start our list rating again. I won't included the new recruits as there is nothing to go on and I'll leave out desisted and retired players as there is no point.

Like last time I'll count down from the highest number to the lowest but I thought the poll rating this time will go on a different tack and get Woofers thoughts on how they rank from Elite to Below Average.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Rating our list 2021: Bailey Williams 34

After a breakout 2018 season where he played 14 AFL games, senior opportunities were limited in 2019. The 23-year-old turned things around in 2020 though, playing all 18 games to finish fifth in the best and fairest count. He also claimed the Tony Liberatore Most Improved Player award for his consistent contributions to the Bulldogs’ back line.
    Link

Post Thanks / Like

I would put Bailey in the Above Average bracket and has settled into the back 6 in the team and at 24 he is hitting his peak in football terms.
    The question will be does he have more in him with Bailey Dale have a great season last year did over shadow Williams and with Ed Richards being fit we a bit to choose from in the attacking half back flankers.

Post Thanks / Like

He's our Lindsay Gilbee, rebounder that can play tall, key player
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

He has really been a consistent contributor for us. Good skills and tough. I think the fact that he played a lot of midfield in his junior days has helped him as a defender now.
    I wonder if we will consider moving him further up the ground at some stage.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I would put Bailey in the Above Average bracket and has settled into the back 6 in the team and at 24 he is hitting his peak in football terms.
    The question will be does he have more in him with Bailey Dale have a great season last year did over shadow Williams and with Ed Richards being fit we a bit to choose from in the attacking half back flankers.
    I also voted above average but with his skill set he has the ability to become elite.
    I actually feel more comfortable when Williams has the ball or is in the vicinity than when Dale does.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Above average for me - he's a real jet with ball in hand.

Can play taller than his height and makes great decisions.

Keeps his feet too which I love in a player.

Post Thanks / Like

I really like Williams and believe he can offer more.

He has a few chances to hit the scoreboard, but doesn't seem able to convert those shots from around 50.

If he could add that to his game he would be really dangerous.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Above average, ultra reliable in the contest and usually in disposal/decision making.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Above Average. Hopefully he doesn’t have to play tall with Tim coming in
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Above Average. Hopefully he doesn’t have to play tall with Tim coming in
    That's a big thing for Williams; he's just tall enough that he can hang with a smaller tall forward but it's doing him a disservice to be stuck in a position like that. Leave those players to O'Brien while Williams takes a medium sized forward.

13. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Really like Truck and think he’s set for a breakthrough type season.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Big fan.

I thought he was disappointing early in the GF though. Hopefully better for the experience.

He's got all the tools; nice side step/agility, quick enough, height, reads the ball really well and van both mark and defend.
    W00F!

16. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Williams’ refreshing new role

Western Bulldogs defender-turned-winger Bailey Williams says he is enjoying the change of role this season.

In the past three games, Williams has pushed up the ground and is relishing it – slotting four goals and averaging 19 disposals since making the move.

“At the start of the year I probably wasn’t at my best - I think the move was a bit of a change to try and get the best out of me,” he told RSN on Wednesday morning.

“I’ve been enjoying it on the wing – it’s a lot more running, but I’ve been enjoying it.

“I feel like I’ve just been growing each week in that position. Hopefully I can stay there.”

The Bulldogs are on a three-game winning streak, having beaten Collingwood, Gold Coast and West Coast by a combined 168 points.

Williams said they’ll need to bring their best footy – and sustain it – if they want to make it four straight against Geelong on Friday night.

“Geelong have always been a hard team to play against – we’ve had some pretty close encounters with them over recent years,” he said.

“They’re a tough team to get across the line, so we’ll need to bring our absolute best this Friday to try and get our fourth win in a row.

“I haven’t watched too much of them this year – I’ll have a look in meetings over the next couple of days - but in previous years, their defence has been top-notch. They’re a hard team to score against.

“I think the competition (is pretty even) at the moment. If you’re just one percent off, teams can score quickly and can put on five or so goals within 10 minutes.

“If you’re not at your best, any side on their good day can give themselves a chance.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

18. Thanks josie thanked for this post