Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  92
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: Jordan Roughead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jordan Roughead

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Saw swamp on twitter quote that Roughy holds the record for most H&A games without a single Brownlow vote - 193 games.
    Dale Morris cost himself this record by picking up 1 vote back in 2008.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I'm pretty sure he helped out with our AFLW team whilst he was with us.
    Yep-I recall that. Admire him including when he played for the pies. Roughy is forever a bullgod.

3. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    His body let him down badly towards the end of his stint at the Dogs and it is no suprise that his body is now forcing him to retire.

Played a crucial role in our 2016 campaign playing 25 games. My lasting memory is that when JJ had his "goal" overturned and we are only nine points up with six minutes to play. Sydney went straight down the middle with a long kick, if it got over the back we would have been in trouble. Roughead takes a towering pack mark in between about four Swans. It was a crucial moment in that last quarter.

Thank you Jordan and I'm sure we will see him progress his coaching career somewhere in the AFL system. One of the good ones.
    That 2016 Final Series was huge from him.

Against West Coke he kicked that awesome goal in the third, which I reckon was the nail in the West Coke coffin. (Hope there's more of that tomorrow night).

Also that Prelim where he copped the eye injury and being in a dark room all week (I think) to play in the GF!

Footy and the world will be a better place with more people like him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    How did Jordan get an invite to the Brownlow?

Saw swamp on twitter quote that Roughy holds the record for most H&A games without a single Brownlow vote - 193 games.

Great servant to our club... 'that' mark was soooo important in 2016... just wished he got back off the mark a little quicker as Tom Boyd was all alone in the FP.
    Interesting if you watch the replay, but our next point resulted in the same kick in strategy for Sydney and Roughy was again going to mark except for an absolute desperate spoil by Easton Wood
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Always the last to leave the oval giving high fives to fans. Footy is combative and competitive but his kind nature shone through

7. Likes Testekill, EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sad to think that both Roughead and Lipinski grew up as fanatical WB fans only to finish their careers elsewhere. Roughead showed great courage after a serious eye injury in our 2016 Preliminary final against GWS to then be able to play so well in our glorious 2016 Premiership win. A fine career to play 200 League games as a Premiership player

9. Likes josie, GVGjr, EasternWest, Raels_d, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

A premiership Bulldog from Ballarat! Should have never traded him.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Sad to think that both Roughead and Lipinski grew up as fanatical WB fans only to finish their careers elsewhere. Roughead showed great courage after a serious eye injury in our 2016 Preliminary final against GWS to then be able to play so well in our glorious 2016 Premiership win. A fine career to play 200 League games as a Premiership player
    The Outer Sanctum did an interview with his grandmother during Grand Final week 2016. It's brilliant.

A great career, a premiership player and a gentleman. Go well Roughy.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Jordan for everything you did for our club. Always will be a premiership player for us.

2016 is forever in all our memories as Bulldog supporters.

Good luck for whatever you do next.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for everything Jordan - you produced a legendary 2016 September and will always be a bulldog/bullgod

From your early preseasons I thought you were going to be able to play ruck forward but you had a number of shoulder injuries that halted your physical progress. You certainly battled hard at full back

I always admired that you were a good person, who contributed coaching in our womens program and donating your time to charities to help others less fortunate

I wish you every success post footy