Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  92
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Jordan Roughead

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Jordan Roughead

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Do you know the reason for this, was it related to his injury or just whether he could make the transition to the AFL?
    The main part is that he normally doesn't bother to write up father son selections but with Cordy he had some doubts about the ability to add a lot of weight to his frame and what impact that might have if he does.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The main part is that he normally doesn't bother to write up father son selections but with Cordy he had some doubts about the ability to add a lot of weight to his frame and what impact that might have if he does.
    If he can't put weight on that will be an issue, but on the limited youtube vision I've seen I'm very confident he'll have a long AFL career. Very fluent
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo View Post
    Nothing on Cordy or Jones?

Interesting write up and he obviously thinks we got a bargain at pick 31.
    Nothing on Jones but whilst Wisbey doesn't normally go to the effort of writing about father son selections he has some question marks about Cordy's ability to fill out physically for either the key forward or ruck positions.

Regarding Roughead, yes he rated him highly as a ruckman who could play forward.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Given that all picks are risks this one sounds like one of the soundest prospects based on the assessment that Wisbey has conducted in incredible detail. He seems like a steal at the number we got him: about time we got in front of the game.

To make it even better he is one of us; suffers from the same mental disease, a Bulldog supporter.

Given a reasonable work ethic when he hits the real world he has what it takes to make a long term career.

Great stuff GVG.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't look out of place at all tonight IMO.

Arguably did more than his famous cousin.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Didn't look out of place at all tonight IMO.

Arguably did more than his famous cousin.
    Some of his tap work when he got first hands tothe ball was very clever, and backs up Wisbey's comments about his ability to get it to his teams advantage.
    Given the length of time Minson has been unavailable due to his recovery from his 'soy poisoning' is Jordan firming as a possibility for Round 1?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Given the length of time Minson has been unavailable due to his recovery from his 'soy poisoning' is Jordan firming as a possibility for Round 1?
    Possibly, but Eade mentioned yesterday that Minson is schedueld to return next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Possibly, but Eade mentioned yesterday that Minson is schedueld to return next week.
    Were you there tonight? If so, what did you think of Roughead?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Were you there tonight? If so, what did you think of Roughead?
    Yes.

Thought he was quite good. Thought the opposing ruckmen were very poor. Think we might get a better reading of where Roughead is at if we face WC next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Yes.

Thought he was quite good. Thought the opposing ruckmen were very poor. Think we might get a better reading of where Roughead is at if we face WC next week.
    Will be tested around the ground no doubt if we play the Eagles.
    My only criticism of Roughead (and it's only fair given his inexperience at this level) is his ability to adjust to the speed of the game when he's got the ball. He need to make quicker decisions when he gets the ball in contested situations.
    He seems to cover the ground OK enough, but hopefully as his experience and fitness improve he will be able to adjust better.

Post Thanks / Like

Not a bad first game. Agree with the assessment of his tap work, very nice.
    We might let everitt run around with nait though, if the illeagles win their game.
    thought rougheads scrapping was quite good when the ball was in dispute.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Will be tested around the ground no doubt if we play the Eagles.
    My only criticism of Roughead (and it's only fair given his inexperience at this level) is his ability to adjust to the speed of the game when he's got the ball. He need to make quicker decisions when he gets the ball in contested situations.
    He seems to cover the ground OK enough, but hopefully as his experience and fitness improve he will be able to adjust better.
    To be fair, the kid has only played a handful of games at senior level for Williamstown.

I liked the fact that he toughed it out tonight. He was clearly struggling towards the end but kept making it to contests and gave good service to our mids. The Hawks rucks suck though, really bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Seemed to me that he won lots of taps that weren't too our advantage. When both and our midfield play more together, this can only get better.

IIRC, he was the best rated the best pure ruckman of his draft?

Did we get him for Ray?

If so, then

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty impressive display, albeit against an average ruck division.

Nevertheless I thought he was one of the highlights. His tap work is very good and I remember this being a major strength of his at U18 level. He certainly palms the ball well to a variety of positions.

His work around the ground is what impressed me though. Similar to Hudson in that he's never fully out of a contest and I love this about Roughy. Most young rucks that roll onto the scene look very raw (Naitanui/Kruzer the exceptions) and lightyears off competing. However, Roughead looks like he could definitely play a few games this season and hold his own.

Very exciting prospect for the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Pretty impressive display, albeit against an average ruck division.

Nevertheless I thought he was one of the highlights. His tap work is very good and I remember this being a major strength of his at U18 level. He certainly palms the ball well to a variety of positions.

His work around the ground is what impressed me though. Similar to Hudson in that he's never fully out of a contest and I love this about Roughy. Most young rucks that roll onto the scene look very raw (Naitanui/Kruzer the exceptions) and lightyears off competing. However, Roughead looks like he could definitely play a few games this season and hold his own.

Very exciting prospect for the future.
    At season's end, would you trade him for Ray?