Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs vs Eagles Challenge Match

The Eagles have named their squad to play the Dogs. No Daniel Kerr

This from Footy Goss

Star West Coast midfielder Daniel Kerr will miss the Eagles final practice match for the season against the Western Bulldogs on Saturday after pulling up sore at training yesterday.

Kerr has had an interrupted pre-season with off-field issues and injury worrying the club.

Chad Fletcher, Ben Cousins, Darren Glass, David Wirrpanda and Beau Waters will all come back into the Eagles side this week.

Here is their full squad for the NAB Challenge game at Subiaco Oval on Saturday.

2. Mark LeCras, 3. Chris Judd, 5. Tyson Stenglein, 7. Chad Fletcher, 8. Beau Waters, 9. Ben Cousins, 10. Michael Braun, 11. Matt Priddis, 14. Mark Seaby, 15. Chad Jones, 17. Daniel Chick, 18. Rowan Jones, 19. Tim Houlihan, 20. Dean Cox, 21. Quinten Lynch, 22. Jaymie Graham, 23. Darren Glass, 24. Matt Rosa, 25. Shannon Hurn, 27. Ben McKinley, 29. Ashley Hansen, 32. Andrew Embley, 35. Steven Armstrong, 38. Brett Jones, 39. Adam Hunter, 41. Brent Staker, 44. David Wirrpanda, 45. Jamie McNamara.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bulldogs vs Eagles Challenge Match

Should be a good hit out. There is no way of getting a radio stream or anything online is there?

Post Thanks / Like

I am horrified to learn that there wont be any kind of broadcast - it is ludicrous that they wouldnt consider streaming a local radio broadcast on the internet.

When is the AFL going to get a proper grasp of the capacity of the internet rather than remaing in their narrow "money making only" frame of reference.

grr
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post
    I am horrified to learn that there wont be any kind of broadcast - it is ludicrous that they wouldnt consider streaming a local radio broadcast on the internet.

When is the AFL going to get a proper grasp of the capacity of the internet rather than remaing in their narrow "money making only" frame of reference.

grr
    I wouldn't hold my breath in getting the AFL to jump on board with the notion that we should be able to tap into the net and pick-up the game details.

Post Thanks / Like

The dogs squad for the game is

Dylan Addison, Jason Akermanis
    Matthew Boyd, Adam Cooney
    Daniel Cross, Luke Darcy
    Nathan Eagleton, Andrejs Everitt
    Cameron Faulkner, Daniel Giansiracusa
    Lindsay Gilbee, Chris Grant
    Ryan Griffen, Ryan Hargrave
    Shaun Higgins, Brad Johnson
    Andrew McDougall, Jordan McMahon
    Will Minson, Brett Montgomery
    Dale Morris, Robert Murphy
    Sam Power, Farren Ray
    Matthew Robbins Wayde Skipper
    Scott West, Cameron Wight

The interesting things for me are
    1) Higgins back so quickly after a heavy knock. This kid is tough
    2) McDougall against his old team on their own patch. I'm sure they will give him hell and really test him. I hope he has a good outing and really shoves it back at their fans and his former team mates.
    3) A very strong squad with no one really being rested. Griffen returns
    4) Still no Peter Street which does not bode well for the start of the season.

The question I have is can we shut their midfield down?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blogger View Post
    The interesting things for me are
    1) Higgins back so quickly after a heavy knock. This kid is tough
    2) McDougall against his old team on their own patch. I'm sure they will give him hell and really test him. I hope he has a good outing and really shoves it back at their fans and his former team mates.
    3) A very strong squad with no one really being rested. Griffen returns
    4) Still no Peter Street which does not bode well for the start of the season.

The question I have is can we shut their midfield down?
    1)Higgins is a real old fashioned footballer and very valuable because there are all to few of them left in the game.
    2)The Eagles will think they know how to get into Doogs head as they have had plenty of practice at it, if the rumours are true. So it will be a test for Doogs but also a test for us in supporting and sticking up for one of ours. It will also show how far Rocket has managed to progress in restoring Doog's self belief.
    IMO he is very similar to lots of our current mid age players who were in a parlous state when Eade took over. It may be much to soon for real improvement to kick in, but I would like to think that he had a team mate at his shoulder in every contest and that he gets heaps of support and encouragement from the team leaders during the game. If as has been alleged he has been the victim of bullying/harrassment then the best solution is to make him feel he is never on his own, and that we as a club are above any of that sort of tactic.
    3) Not just a strong squad getting close to our best. I think we won't want to negate the Eagle's midfield but will try to outdo them. Should be a fantastic battle. We haven't done too badly against the Eagles in recent years, with one major exception.
    4) Streeta is a big miss, his height and better tap work will be missed but Will will make sure theer is a contest and if they are not as far advanced as us will hurt a few bodies.

While I was worried about the Lions game I am much more relaxed about this one and think we will make a good account of ourselves tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets not forget that this is still a practise match and a chance for players to find some touch. Eade will still be experimenting with the players and trying to give some young guys game time. I don't think Higgins will be playing.

Post Thanks / Like

Griffen's not playing.

He played with The Bees.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Griffen's not playing.

He played with The Bees.
    Check the Bees thread. I have provided an update and DR reported it early as well.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Bulldogs are going OK at the moment. Not a bad hit out for us and given that Street, Minson and Griffen played today for the Bees so we can still improve the line-up by round one.

Post Thanks / Like

Does sound like a good hit-out but Skipper's hammy is unfortunate and it sounds like Grant might be a bit sore as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Got to say it's great to hear that Hargrave is playing an attacking defensive role and running down and kicking a good goal. 10 different goal kickers for us so far is also a good sign.

Post Thanks / Like

Another goal to Johnson. His 2nd for the night. 89 to 75 with not long to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Acker not playing?

Who's on Lynch?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

another goal to the Doggies via Robbins. It's all over now.