Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    stav2044 Guest

Re: Fijian AFL recruit's visa rejected

When i said "I told him about you" i meant to say it for Inoke Inoke Inoke - #1 Formerly bulldogtragic

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like he's got the athletic ability and mental attributes to succeed. That'll hopefully make learning the mechanics of the game easier for him.

Happy to have you on board stav2044.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stav2044 View Post
    I Talk to Inoke every week. I am his Aunty and i live in Melbourne. The club would be very wise to pursue Inokes Visa Application. I have known Inoke since he was 5years old (my husband and his mum are brother/sister). I love the way you support him and i have told him about you. I just got back last month and he was so excited about the whole thing. I dropped him off at training every day without fail. His commitment, discipline, passion and humbleness will definately get him a Brownlow if he plays.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think we would all be happy if he played senior footy, let alone a brownlow!

Post Thanks / Like

When i said "I told him about you" i meant to say it for Inoke Inoke Inoke - #1 Formerly bulldogtragic
    That has made my day . I just hope Inoke can get here and the great story continues.

Great to have you onboard Stav and look forward to meeting Inoke one of these days...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

stav2044 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think we would all be happy if he played senior footy, let alone a brownlow!
    Inoke will get the chance to play senior footy once all this Bureaucratic Bull***t, sorts itself out and then he will prove himself to all of you.

stav2044 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    That has made my day . I just hope Inoke can get here and the great story continues.

Great to have you onboard Stav and look forward to meeting Inoke one of these days...
    As soon as he sets foot on Australian soil, i will get in touch with you and organize you to meet the humble giant.

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as he sets foot on Australian soil, i will get in touch with you and organize you to meet the humble giant.
    Now this has made my day. Very kind of you.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

I can sort of understand the immigrations point of view with direct government officials, but surely that is where it must end. You cant stop family members from getting a visa who have nothing to do with government and politics.

Lets hope this is reolved quickly as it makes Australia look bad.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Some hopeful news on the Visa front seems the forms weren't filled out correctly....

Ratu hopeful to get Australian visa
    Fiji Daily Post
    27-Jan-2009

A Fijian teenager who has been poached to play Australian Football for the Bulldogs has had positive news about his Australian visa this week.

The 19-year-old’s Australian visa application was thought to be rejected by the Australian immigration department because of his connections with the Fijian military.

Currently, the Australian government is imposing travel sanctions on any Fijian person who is related to or connected with the Fijian military, which staged a coup against the ruling Fijian Government in 2006 and have since not relinquished power.

Ratu, whose father is in the military, had his Australian visa application denied because he had incorrectly filled out the forms.

“My chances are really good. That’s what the Australian High Commission told me,” Ratu said.

“They were not happy with a section of the application I filled out.

“It had nothing to do with my dad being in the military,” he added.

The Bulldog officials are also confident Ratu will have his visa application approved and will be training with his teammates within a matter of weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news for Ratu and the Dogs. It's always the paperwork.

Post Thanks / Like

At last sense prevails.

Just another chapter to the story. Nothing can stop him.

Post Thanks / Like

Great news.