Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs to repeat Fiji mission

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Also a massive fan.

I will never forget the first time I heard Into My Arms. I would've been 18 or 19 at the time and have loved him ever since. I now own pretty much everything he and the bad seeds have done. I must admit boys next door and birthday party are a bit to hardcore for me.

Love it everytime he comes to the land of OZ.

Actually I spoke to Robert Murphy (as he was known then) at the badseeds gig in January 2009.
    He's certainly had an interesting journey, huh?

I idolised The Birthday Party. They had by far and away the most signifigant influence on my life than any other band or individual person in my life. I can still remember what I was doing when I heard "Release The Bats" for the first time the way people remember what they were doing and where they were when Armstrong walked on the Moon or Gough was sacked.

Cave screaming and cursing, the cacopony of sound, the craziness and the sheer anger, violence and frustration that sprang through the speakers turned my life upside down and I've never been the same since!

Myself and Ernie Sigley were lucky enough to see him two nights running (Grinderman one night and The Bad Seeds the next night) up at Mt Buller earlier in the year. The (original, with Kuepper and Bailey) Saints and the Primitive Calculators were on ther same bill-it was one of the best weekends I've ever had.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs to repeat Fiji mission

** Bump **

This was raised in the Irish experiment thread (Aiden O'Shea) so I thought I would re-raise the question ... Anyone know where we are with our Fiji Mission ??

I know it hasn't cost us the bank, but I am struggling to find it in our financial statements that we have taken part in, or even committed to continue this program in the following years.

Anyone have any idea ??
    WOOF Member 422