Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Melbourne Storm

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne Storm

I just got back from my first ever match. (Storm vs Saints). It was fun. It was certainly close enough, came down to Overtime after Wendell Sailor produced a try out of nothing after doing nothing all night. (Storm won). Did anyone else go/watch this game? I think the Storm will struggle to be dominant this year after losing Folau + a few other quality players. But this blonde guy I've never seen before played well and there development squad is doing well from what I hear so they should finish top 4 at least. BTW I wouldn't mind Greg Inglis playing CHF for the red, white and blue. I reckon he'd be better than Buddy after a year or so.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Melbourne Storm

Saw Greg Inglis at Altona Gate a while ago. He is a big unit,Did a bit of radio surfing and caught Sydney ABC and endured David Morrow's unabaited bias and barracking for the Dragons. Blimey these Sydney types hate the Storm Ray Hadlee,Phil Gould,pretty certain it's also a super league thing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Saw Greg Inglis at Altona Gate a while ago. He is a big unit,Did a bit of radio surfing and caught Sydney ABC and endured David Morrow's unabaited bias and barracking for the Dragons. Blimey these Sydney types hate the Storm Ray Hadlee,Phil Gould,pretty certain it's also a super league thing
    i'm assuming they wouldn't be too happy over the first State of origin match being played in Melbourne either. I read somewhere Inglis has put on 6 kilos in the preseason.

Post Thanks / Like

Who would you rather have Inglis or Folau?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Who would you rather have Inglis or Folau?
    Both!!!!!!!!!!!

Tough call, but I guess if you had first pick I'd be happy with whoever I was left with. Inglis probably has a greater ability to influence the game himself whereas Falou needs his team mates to get the ball out wide to him.

Post Thanks / Like

Inglis by quite some way just because of his position. Both freaks though.

Post Thanks / Like

Inglis by far.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna have to agree with Inglis. It hurts though to think how unstoppable Melbourne could've been in 2-3 years time had Folau stayed. Folau and Inglis would be entering their prime on the same team! That blonde haired guy played good as well. I don't know his name but apparently it was his 3rd game. Cameron Smith and Billy Slater are the oldest on the list at 25 years old. I dunno how the NRL compares to the AFL in terms of age but that's a pretty young team. The Storm are the NRL's version of West Coast IMO. Very successful over their short history, seem to have smart recruiting and they both lost their star players to their home state (Folau and Judd)

Post Thanks / Like

Four nations is looking good for the Storm boys, Adam Blair and Sika Manu picked today for NZ & Widdop selected by England.

Plus the selections of Smith, Slater and Cronk yesterday for Australia.

Post Thanks / Like

Just about to send off my form for our family membership, thought i would bump this thread.

Looking forward to 2011, will be interesting to see how much Victoria gets behind the team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glove38 View Post
    Just about to send off my form for our family membership, thought i would bump this thread.

Looking forward to 2011, will be interesting to see how much Victoria gets behind the team.
    Yep, got our membersip information in the mail yesterday. Am most happy that Storm Spirit members are also recognised this year & will receive the members cap.

GO STORM!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Been watching the Toyota cup and a kid called Hampson looks like another gun the Storm have picked up.
    I am lucky enough to work with an uncle of a kid signed by the Storm from NZ I dont know his name but he is under 18s and has never scored less than 2 tries in a game.

Apparently a bit of lack of communication between coaches.
    He was supposed to play Toyota cup rest of season but under 18s coach didnt tell him, his agent rang and asked why he hasnt been at under 20s training all week, said no one told him too.

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne Storm has reported an incident involving a member of our NRL squad currently on holidays in Bali to the NRL’s Integrity Unit.

Storm has launched a full investigation into what has occurred.

Storm takes these type of incidents very seriously and will not be making any further public comment at this time.
    “In 2020, we will believe that we are closer than we may be, but we will prepare like we’re further away than ever.” - senior coach Luke Beveridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    Melbourne Storm has reported an incident involving a member of our NRL squad currently on holidays in Bali to the NRL’s Integrity Unit.

Storm has launched a full investigation into what has occurred.

Storm takes these type of incidents very seriously and will not be making any further public comment at this time.
    Looking at the video, some big punches thrown
    Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Massive cut lunches. Glad not to be in the way of those, they seem to be relatively well directed.