Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wallace vs Eade

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wallace vs Eade

Wallace relied on the gift of the gab i think, which does run out over time.
    Wallace at Richmond has also proved he cannot build a list and relies on older experienced players to be up and running.
    Eade has proved he is a list builder, deep thinker and believes in being strong for years not just a season or two.
    In affect Eade is a long term coach, Wallace isnt.

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond top 4 someone said? Top 4?

It's just amazing how incredibly gullible your average football fan continues to be. You know, just because it's printed in the paper, doesn't mean it's true. Had to have rocks in the head (or be a Richmond supporter -- oh, wait, is that the same thing?) to believe for a second that Richmond was any chance for the Top 4 this year on the back of Ben Cousin's dodgy hamstrings and a meaningless winning run last year where they didn't beat anyone of note except a half-interested Hawthorn.

Post Thanks / Like

Well after 4 years of the same coach and all the talk about rebuilding and the list being better than the Hawks 4 years ago i would be expecting top 4 as well!
    And thats not the press , its from Terrys mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Chris Grant for one couldn't stand him. And I'd back Chris Grant's character judgement any day of the week.
    How much of Grant's displeasure with Wallace was due to trading Brad Wira to WA?
    I understand they were quite close and Grant wasn't a happy boy when he found out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Well after 4 years of the same coach and all the talk about rebuilding and the list being better than the Hawks 4 years ago i would be expecting top 4 as well!
    And thats not the press , its from Terrys mouth.
    Haha -- that would be like believing that the lemon in the corner is actually a bargain sportscar with low-mileage, just because the second-hand car salesman tells you so.

One only had to look at Richmond's list to know that they're a lemon.

Real analysis demands that one digs slightly deeper than the surface, something that the football media (in general) and average fan refuses to do. Combined with an open-mouth policy in terms of offering opinions, this sets the scene for a lot of empty-noisemaking, a bloody annoying trend.

Post Thanks / Like

Should be more like Wallace v Rohde Ta Ta Terry. All the hype

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.