Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ben Hudson's Beard Appreciation Society.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    FDOTM, I actually tried to get one of him warming up last week, but he was still too far away! I mean, you could see the beard, but not him.
    Try harder! But don't get too close, I suspect it may be dangerous.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by firstdogonthemoon View Post
    Try harder! But don't get too close, I suspect it may be dangerous.
    It is. Ask the Richmond midfield.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Haha WOOF's turning mainstream
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

In today's Age

http://www.theage.com.au/cgi-bin/com...079539602.html

A QUICK WORD WITH ...

BEN HUDSON'S BEARD

You've been copping a fair whack these past few weeks. How are you holding up?

Oh, can't let that rubbish get under your whiskers. As Oscar Wilde's forelock used to say, It's better to be talked about than taken to with a razor, or something. We're sticking together, growing through it. We'll come out longer and stronger for the experience.

But you're getting so much stick you might as well be on Osama Bin Laden's chin. "Shocking", boomed the Her-ald Sun. "A bigger joke than us", ranted The Footy Show. "Who's he think he is? Ned Kelly?" thundered Bushranger's Monthly. Surely Ben's gotta be having his doubts?

That's what I love about him - he's a man with conviction. Doesn't bow to trends and social mores, doesn't listen to the critics. We're privileged to be warming his cheeks, really. And besides, we're getting rave reviews out there in cyber world. They love us on beardcommunity.com, and some discerning Doggie has set up "The Ben Hudson Beard Appreciation Society" on woof.net.au.

Yes, well I see some of the younger folk are actually starting to follow his lead. That Logan bloke from Port Adelaide seemed to wear his well on Saturday.

A man of fine taste in facial adornment, young Tom, even if he's got a long way to go to reach our full and fibrous magnificence. And good of you to notice it hasn't exactly taken the wind out of his sails. Whiskers give you wings, you know.

Hmmm. So, has Huddo got anything else planned that you know of? A banjo, perhaps?

We're trying to convince him to give a headband a whirl. Something a bit Willie Nelson would really get them talking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hill Show View Post
    In today's Age

http://www.theage.com.au/cgi-bin/com...079539602.html

A QUICK WORD WITH ...

BEN HUDSON'S BEARD

You've been copping a fair whack these past few weeks. How are you holding up?

Oh, can't let that rubbish get under your whiskers. As Oscar Wilde's forelock used to say, It's better to be talked about than taken to with a razor, or something. We're sticking together, growing through it. We'll come out longer and stronger for the experience.

But you're getting so much stick you might as well be on Osama Bin Laden's chin. "Shocking", boomed the Her-ald Sun. "A bigger joke than us", ranted The Footy Show. "Who's he think he is? Ned Kelly?" thundered Bushranger's Monthly. Surely Ben's gotta be having his doubts?

That's what I love about him - he's a man with conviction. Doesn't bow to trends and social mores, doesn't listen to the critics. We're privileged to be warming his cheeks, really. And besides, we're getting rave reviews out there in cyber world. They love us on beardcommunity.com, and some discerning Doggie has set up "The Ben Hudson Beard Appreciation Society" on woof.net.au.

Yes, well I see some of the younger folk are actually starting to follow his lead. That Logan bloke from Port Adelaide seemed to wear his well on Saturday.

A man of fine taste in facial adornment, young Tom, even if he's got a long way to go to reach our full and fibrous magnificence. And good of you to notice it hasn't exactly taken the wind out of his sails. Whiskers give you wings, you know.

Hmmm. So, has Huddo got anything else planned that you know of? A banjo, perhaps?

We're trying to convince him to give a headband a whirl. Something a bit Willie Nelson would really get them talking.
    Not bad is it? We have had a couple of free plugs of late.

Post Thanks / Like

I have decided to (pretty poorly)emulate the beard in the hope of a work trip to Melbourne for the Carlton game.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in for one of those shirts FDOTM.

Post Thanks / Like

OK - here we go. These are initial ideas for shirts. I can do others.

Let me know what you think.

I can put these up on redbubble.com and they cost $25 plus postage and handling. I don't make any money, it all goes to the people who make the shirt.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent FDOTM ... what about the title from the first up the top of the shirt with the Spanish quote down the bottom ... love the logo too with the old VFL insignia
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely work...it's got to be that last one for mine with the tried and true combination of slogan and drool.

Please excuse if you will, but have taken the liberty of arty-fartying that pic up with the aim of producing a more print/tee-friendly graphic image, some of which seem to bring out an almost prophet-like quality to our bristled Ben...either that, or a charming 'don't f*ck with me' aspect.

Anyway, just throwing them out there, discard at your leisure.

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Some of these photos would look great next to Joe Marmo in the WOOF banner
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Happy to take suggestions - I like the iconic b&w one, however I think once it stops being a photo you lose the intensity of the beard. You just get the idea of the beard. Rather than THE BEARD, but whatever. We can have more than one version.

Anyway, I will leave it here for a couple of days then we can make a decision somehow.

Remember, just because Photoshop is a tool, it doesn't mean you have to be one.

Post Thanks / Like

That's the perfect quote for the architecture classes I teach at the toff university at the top end of town. Some of the kids, seriously... stop with the rasterising already! I get it, you can use a mouse!

Re: the T-shirt, the words 'Ben Hudson's Beard Appreciation Society' should appear somewhere, otherwise could be any random beard, especially ten years from now. But definitely love the Spanish proverb -- my missus (who is Spanish) will love it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Dunno what I was thinking.

This is for a tee-shirt, correct?

You're right, straight-up colour photographs always come up a million bucks.

BORDERLINE FLYING