Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Umpires to crack down on hand gestures

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Agreed on aggressive or insulting behaviour. That stuff doesn't belong. But a hand on the arm isn't aggressive or insulting. Nor is pointing at your eyes. I know they're kind of hamstrung (bad pun!) by the stupid rule-makers.
    No if touching the ump is in the rules then hands on him should be punishable. Williams got weeks for it years back.

I never said point at your eyes should be punishable, depends on the manner it is made, Johnno wasn't aggressive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    And hand gestures? Surely a quiet word is all that is needed unless it is by a repeat or recalcitrant offender.
    Depends on the context and if it given in a degrogatory manner by the player. I doubt Johnson's was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    No if touching the ump is in the rules then hands on him should be punishable. Williams got weeks for it years back.

I never said point at your eyes should be punishable, depends on the manner it is made, Johnno wasn't aggressive.
    If memory serves me correctly, Williams actually pushed the ump. Much worse than Shaw's touch. Didn't some bloke put his arm around one last year? Seems far too sensitive to me. If it's in the rules, the rules are stupid. There has to be some leeway.

You may not have said pointing at eyes is punishable, but the whistle blowers did. That was part of the reasoning behind their explanation, that the action was overly "demonstrative"

Pathetic I think....

Post Thanks / Like

If memory serves me correctly, Williams actually pushed the ump. Much worse than Shaw's touch. Didn't some bloke put his arm around one last year? Seems far too sensitive to me. If it's in the rules, the rules are stupid. There has to be some leeway.
    Your memory is poor. It was after the game and the ump approached Williams, Williams might have pushed him but he was in his face. Shaw approached the ump, there was no need for Shaw to touch him.

You may not have said pointing at eyes is punishable, but the whistle blowers did. That was part of the reasoning behind their explanation, that the action was overly "demonstrative"
    Pathetic I think....
    I agree here, its just poor umpiring and Gieschen being the idiot he is.