Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Changes for Round 6

I only heard the game on the radio, haven't seen and don't plan on watching the TV replay, but it's interesting that Skipper,O'Keefe and Reid all featured in the bests for Willy today.

From the radio it sounded like there were several whose names I hardly heard called

Ins: Aker, O'keefe, Cooney.
    Out: Ward, Grant, Hahn

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Changes for Round 6

Picken would have to be an out. Williams is lucky he is 6ft 5', because he was very average (again). Minson will be gone as soon as Roughead shows some form.

Post Thanks / Like

Why do you want to drop Ward if you haven't seen the game?
    Grant yes
    Hahn maybe
    Eagleton should be dropped
    Shaggy needs to pick up his intensity as does Gia both ran around in 2nd gear.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bitofbite View Post
    Grant yes
    Hahn maybe
    Why drop the "Skinny white hope"? He didnt do much but seriously the midfield was terrible today. Hahn needs to be dropped, I would keep both Grant & Ward in. Maybe drop Hudson or Minson.
    Why start Gilbee forward, why play Griffen forward? Seriously Gilbee was shocking today if anyone ran around in second gear it was him.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't drop Grant ... give him a couple of games to find his feet.

Minson had 9 contested posessions today the most of any player he deserves another week.

Eagleton was not our worst today by a long way ...

I think Mitch Hahn needs some confidence ... give him a run in the twos

Out :- Hahn, Ward (unlucky - but only If Cooney is fit)
    In :- Akermanis, Cooney (If fit)
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

What did Eagleton do?? he must go. Ward needs a run in the twos. Give Grant a few chances. @ weeks in a row Gia has done nothing id drop him also.
    really most of the side was ordinary....no run no pressure...
    Hill,Higgins,Williams,Morris,Picken, Johnno only players in my opinion that were good or tried hard....

Honestly to many bystanders, a week or two ago i thought we would beat Saints, but from what i saw today we will lose by over 50. Our game or skillful running tough smart football was no where to be seen today!
    Last edited by GVGjr; 26-04-2009 at 07:20 PM.

doggystyle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rance Fan View Post
    What did Eagleton do?? he must go. Ward needsa run in the twos. Give Grant a few chances. @ weeks in a row Gia has done nothing id drop him also.
    Hill,Higgins,Williams,Morris,Picken,Johnno only players in my opinion that were good or tried hard....

Honestly to many bystanders, a week or two ago i thought we would beat Saints, but from what i saw today we will lose by over 50. Our game or skillful running tough smart football was no where to be seen today!
    Why so hard on Eagleton?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rance Fan View Post
    What did Eagleton do?? he must go. Ward needsa run in the twos. Give Grant a few chances. @ weeks in a row Gia has done nothing id drop him also.
    Hill,Higgins,Williams,Morris,Picken,Johnno only players in my opinion that were good or tried hard....

He had 15 disposals today (7 of them contested) ... that's more than Addison(6), Gilbee(14), Grant(8), Hahn(11), Harbrow(12), Minson(12), Morris(6), Murphy(13), Ward(8), and Williams(10) ... plus importantly it's 3 more than Nick Stevens who he played on for most of the game
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Hahn's performance was down but we wont just drop him off the back of 1 game..

Maybe Harbrow out, didn't do a great job on Betts..

Looking forward to a Coon & Aker return

In: Coon,Aker
    Out: Grant,Harbrow/Ward

Post Thanks / Like

Grant yes
    Hahn maybe
    Ward has to be dropped, really dissapointed with his workrate. Needs to learn to gut run.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd definatly drop Harbrow not sure who else.
    Can anyone tell me where Tim Callan is at? Did he play from Willy? Need h9is hardness back. How did Everitt go? What about Stotty Welsh, did he play?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PWebb View Post
    I'd definatly drop Harbrow not sure who else.
    Can anyone tell me where Tim Callan is at? Did he play from Willy? Need h9is hardness back. How did Everitt go? What about Stotty Welsh, did he play?
    Everitt, Callan and Welsh all played at Willi.
    Welsh looked a class above in tough conditions, didnt see much of the game and from what I saw he didnt get a lot but what he did was very good.
    Callan is ready to play as is Everitt and they were both good for Willi. Cant really judge there games, the conditions were terrible but they were both fairly good.
    All three are ready for selection.

Post Thanks / Like

Grant yes
    Hahn maybe
    I listened to it on radio, he did not feature prominently, made a couple of errors and he has only just been going the last couple of games. O'Keefe has been performing very well for Willy.

Eagleton did OK from the sound of it, and did a job on Stevens who only had 12 touches.
    Gia was named in our best, and at least seemed to A) take his shots on goal, & B) hit targets.

Shaggy has been one of our best performers for the season. Not his fault our pressure further up the ground saw him and our other defenders on the receiving end of Carlton ball wtih regularity.

Post Thanks / Like

In: Cooney, Aker and Welsh

Out: Ward, Harbrow/Picken and Grant
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Bomberdog Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jerry View Post
    Picken would have to be an out. Williams is lucky he is 6ft 5', because he was very average (again). Minson will be gone as soon as Roughead shows some form.
    Are you joking about Picken?? I hope that you are.