Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Game Day - Bulldog vs Cats

This is the discussion thread for todays game.

Who's you tip to kick the first goal for us? I'll go with Robbins
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Game Day - Bulldog vs Cats

Nathan - Gia will kick the first behind.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

The Griff to kick the first and us to win by 20 points.

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson will get our first, I'm so excited...I wish it was 1.30 already.

Post Thanks / Like

Darcy to kick the first

Post Thanks / Like

Very impressed with Wight. New guys McD and Aker pretty quiet. Higgins look likes a pro. Minson's ruckwork has improved.

Pretty happy with that win.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Very impressed with Wight. New guys McD and Aker pretty quiet. Higgins look likes a pro. Minson's ruckwork has improved.

Pretty happy with that win.
    I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the result. We outplayed them by far more than 20 points and really we need to finish team off.
    Johnson was sensational today plus there was a number of other Dogs that dominated.
    Like you I was very happy with Wight and he will benefit from Grant and Harris returning to the back line as well.
    Akermanis was quiet by his standards but that goal was superb. McDougall went OK but as you say he was on the quiet side.

Cross, McMahon, Gilbee, West, Boyd, Cooney and a host of others really did perform well.

The back line was tested but did OK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Minson's ruckwork has improved.
    Your short memory is the problem.
    From the first bounce he found someone, exerted his body and was back to late 2005 form.
    Understand Geelong's Blake is pretty inexperienced and Darcy in the side helps him.
    The main thing is Minson has had a full pre season and isn't injured yet which helps.

Minson and Darcy (with McD helping) are enough rucks at the moment and its only if one is injured or needs rest then Street or Skipper can come into calculation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I have to say that I'm a little disappointed with the result. We outplayed them by far more than 20 points and really we need to finish team off.
    Agree but its early days.
    They tried to stretch us late with 4 tall forwards and Gilbee was a mismatch for N Ablett. A fit Monty would have restricted them. They also flooded late and a few little mistakes cost us. A couple of easy misses and some iffy frees against.

A win is a win.

Post Thanks / Like

This is probably only applicable to the Melbourne based supporters but wasn't the footy record just the worst today? Given the squad is announced on Thursday and we played on Sunday how can they name a team and have Harris listed as the FB?
    On top of that they did not include Darcy, Giansiracusa and Murphy as well

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Ms B Lets hope there is many more of them displayed on the forum during the season.

Post Thanks / Like

This is probably only applicable to the Melbourne based supporters but wasn't the footy record just the worst today? Given the squad is announced on Thursday and we played on Sunday how can they name a team and have Harris listed as the FB?
    The record itself was good but the part where you record the goal kickers and quarter by quarter scores had some glaring problems.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Johnson was sensational today plus there was a number of other Dogs that dominated.
    Like you I was very happy with Wight and he will benefit from Grant and Harris returning to the back line as well.
    Akermanis was quiet by his standards but that goal was superb. McDougall went OK but as you say he was on the quiet side.

Cross, McMahon, Gilbee, West, Boyd, Cooney and a host of others really did perform well.

The back line was tested but did OK.
    Our outs and their outs about cancel each other, so an interesting demonstration of our various strengths especially as Geelong play a bit like us, run and quick movement. They were competitive in the first quarter but WWBiscuit turned to me at that point and said" I know we have the depth to keep this up Geelong don't and so it proved to be. Before the game I would have settled for a 10 point victory. We looked good, they never threatened after the first quarter, so I'm pretty happy, but I don't think we're quite there yet GVG.

That's why we didn't finish them off. We eased slightly. Geelong aren't bad, but we seem on today's form to have opened a gap on them.

DR had better be careful. It's not proven yet, but if Wight keeps on improving at the rate he showed today, then he needs to prepare for the taste of humble pie about Clayton's inability to draft talls.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, what a pain that was. They also forgot to put McDougall on there aswell.