Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dogs in Cattery?

Aye

Travelling to Geelong will be better for the club and the players than travelling to Darwin + Canberra

No recovery issues associated with flying

Post Thanks / Like

3 trips to Darwin and 2 trips to Perth potentially each year?

I'll take a few at the Cattery thanks.

Aye

Post Thanks / Like

Its not about the Cattery, we need to resolve the stadium issue with Docklands. Its a fantastic stadium and we should be making at least 70 cents in the dollar on all gate takings, and that will give us around an extra $6 million per year (less the funds from the AFL), so $4 million. Now wouldn't that secure our future
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If we are forced to sell home games, why not continue to play in Darwin and truly embrace it? Put our resources into making it a genuine home away from home in the same vein as Hawthorn and Tasmania.
    Why not play 2 or 3 games there a year, sell Darwin memberships and have players and coaches go up there regularly and put on clinics for the locals. Hell, maybe we could film a weekly kids show (sponsored by Mission of course) out of the Elite Learning Centre and beam it to Darwin.
    I've cut down your post fairly drastically so that I can address the points I need to without taking up more space than I need.

As much as I'd love us to embrace Darwin, at the end of the day if the AFL aren't going to fixture us there then its pointless.

There's all this talk about a 'boutique stadium' at Casey Fields, when in reality the Cattery is a roughly equal distance from the city. If the City of Greater Geelong and the Cats are willing to play ball and give us an equitable deal I think its the best way that we can not only help secure our bottom line, but send a clear message to Ian Collins that we're happy to take our business elsewhere if he's not keen on making rediculous amounts of money off the hard work of our players and administration.

Post Thanks / Like

My immediate reaction is sadness that we have to resort to sharing residency at such a venue... not like ES where a whole bunch of teams are "home"...but in reality, we're not exactly flushed with cash. And if that article is accurate, it sounds like a much better deal financially. If it fills the coffers, then it has a big upside.

So, begrudgingly, I'll say Aye..
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

My weekend job is a little unusual.

I got a fantastic look at the backroom workings of Skilled Stadium this Saturday.

An access all area's pass let me stroll round the stands, corporate area, bars, carpark, members area, and even the surface.

Gotta say, it's an impressive setup. For a suburban type ground, it's the next level. I'd hate to play Geelong there, but I'd love to play interstaters.

The surface was really impressive. Better than the G or Docklands.

NB

(It's a _lot_ easier to land a parachute in too...)