Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Bulldog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Bulldog

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Could it also be down to pure ability? Is Cordy is a better footballer than Boumann regardless of when they were drafted?
    No it's not that Boumann lacks ability and if you re-read what I wrote I was advocating that Cordy had done everything right from day one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    No it's not that Boumann lacks ability and if you re-read what I wrote I was advocating that Cordy had done everything right from day one.
    I understand what you are saying and I didn't I disagree with you. I was simply pointing out if Cordy is performing better in game's than Boumann that is also a reason for Cordy playing seniors and Boumann is playing reserves. Surely that also comes down to it?

Post Thanks / Like

I understand what you are saying and I didn't I disagree with you. I was simply pointing out if Cordy is performing better in game's than Boumann that is also a reason for Cordy playing seniors and Boumann is playing reserves. Surely that also comes down to it?
    I wouldn't have thought that is the case.

Williamstown has little or no depth in the ruck bar the Bulldogs listed players whereas there is quite a few players capable of playing key position roles amongst the Willi crew. Cordy obviously can help out in the ruck and with Roughead missing the first 3 or 4 games was the obvious choice to help out Skipper.

I would think that most Willi watchers would say that Boumann's performances would be slightly better than Cordy's abit at a different level.

Post Thanks / Like

From my observations, Cordy is performing well in the firsts, actually a bit better than I thought he would, but Boumann has been doing exceptionally well in the reserves and has displayed a level of versatility I wasn't sure that he could.
    Given Cordy can relieve Skipper in the ruck it makes him an almost required player when fit especially when Roughead is out. It did however, seem strange to me that Boumann wasn't selected to replace Cordy in the seniors for the game against Frankston.

Hard to split them I suppose but there must be something holding Boumann back because it's not necessarily form related.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    From my observations, Cordy is performing well in the firsts, actually a bit better than I thought he would, but Boumann has been doing exceptionally well in the reserves and has displayed a level of versatility I wasn't sure that he could.
    Given Cordy can relieve Skipper in the ruck it makes him an almost required player when fit especially when Roughead is out. It did however, seem strange to me that Boumann wasn't selected to replace Cordy in the seniors for the game against Frankston.

Hard to split them I suppose but there must be something holding Boumann back because it's not necessarily form related.
    Thanks GVGjr. Hopefully it clicks for Boumann before its too late, as in no new contract offered.

Post Thanks / Like

Has Boumann ever even played for Williamstown Seniors?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    Has Boumann ever even played for Williamstown Seniors?
    Two games, one goal.