Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

How does Eade assess this loss

Would he concentrate on the fact that we ultimately could've won the game, or will a large part of the review focus around our 2 huge lapses in the 1st Qtr and 1st 10 minutes of the third?

I don't think he can gloss over those poor parts of the play, but on the flipside I think he has to harness the positives from the last 35 minutes of the game in order to get us to focus on next week's game and beyond.

Perhaps reinforcing to them that that last quarter and a bit must be the team benchmark that the group have to maintain from here on in. No less an effort, no less endeavour and no less execution of the skills shown in that period of play.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How does Eade assess this loss

Must turn around this turnover disease! We're continually giving sides goals

Post Thanks / Like

I think some of the questions about certain players were answered tonight.

The same fountain of youth that Tredrea and Lade have been having a drink from has somehow been located by Akermanis (for the last few weeks) and Johnson (tonight). Even Eagleton put in a solid performance.
    In summary there is still some life left in 'the old boys'

Minson is improving and works well with Hudson
    Ward might have added another string to his bow and perhaps a role across half back awaits him.

Welsh, although quiet tonight, does a lot of grunt work in the forward line and once we get some more consistency from Cooney, who's still underdone, and Griffen we are still a top 4 side.

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Griffen needs to get a tank he always looks stuffed

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think some of the questions about certain players were answered tonight.

The same fountain of youth that Tredrea and Lade have been having a drink from has somehow been located by Akermanis (for the last few weeks) and Johnson (tonight). Even Eagleton put in a solid performance.
    In summary there is still some life left in 'the old boys'

Minson is improving and works well with Hudson
    Ward might have added another string to his bow and perhaps a role across half back awaits him.

Welsh, although quiet tonight, does a lot of grunt work in the forward line and once we get some more consistency from Cooney, who's still underdone, and Griffen we are still a top 4 side.
    Agree. Johnno's performance was a welcome return to form. I wonder if Eade's question on SEN this week when asked about Aker's future and he turned it around and said "How come noone is asking about Johnno's future beyond this year?"...struck a chord with Johnno.
    I thought overall Minson's performance tonight was very mature.
    Aker's performance is one of the best 300th game's I've seen from a player.

Post Thanks / Like

Does this make Hahn redundant?

He wasn't too great tonight.

Great effort by the boys tonight, could be happier, but couldn't be prouder.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Agree. Is a burst player at the moment. Turned it on for the first half of the last quarter but ran out of gas.

Callan Ward will never play for Williamstown again after tonight.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    No knock on Hudson but we were a lot better when Minson was in the ruck. We seemed to get a run on when he was in the middle. As you say it was a solid effort.

Aker was once again just brilliant and he dominated a fair portion of the game even with all the attention David Johnston was giving him.

Rocket should be happy enough with both of these guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Agree. Is a burst player at the moment. Turned it on for the first half of the last quarter but ran out of gas.

Callan Ward will never play for Williamstown again after tonight.
    What about Griffens low kicks at goal? Thats not new, I've seen him fail to clear the pack from 25 out and tonight he hit the post.

This match was the making of Ward.

Post Thanks / Like

Ward was absolutely sensational.

Higgins was brilliant too - he is clearly carrying a groin injury but I can't stress how good the guy was.

IMO this was the making of BOTH these players. Hopefully Higgo is OK though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Played a great game though.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I think some of the questions about certain players were answered Minson is improving and works well with Hudson

I thought Minson was the best performed ruckman on the ground tonight, seemed to win a lot of taps to clear advantage freeing up Boyd, Cross et al to deliver forward. He also competed well in the forward line in the last quarter with a good contested grab and then a strong contest where he recovered his own ball.

It will be interesting to see if he can play that well against Ottens when he returns.
    Last edited by GVGjr; 23-05-2009 at 01:16 AM. Reason: fixed the quote

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Does this make Hahn redundant?

He wasn't too great tonight.

Great effort by the boys tonight, could be happier, but couldn't be prouder.
    Hahn did some good things I thought -- definitely was present in many contests at ground level, won a 2-on-1 once, and kicked the ball to Johnno at the end there (although a classier forward ie. Aker would have snapped at goal and kicked it).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Agree. Johnno's performance was a welcome return to form. I wonder if Eade's question on SEN this week when asked about Aker's future and he turned it around and said "How come noone is asking about Johnno's future beyond this year?"...struck a chord with Johnno.
    Topped only by Johnno's, surely.

Post Thanks / Like

Eade's press conference is up on the Dogs site, check it out. Rocket is very disappointed.