Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Guy O'Keefe

Post Thanks / Like

Guy O'Keefe

Does anyone think o'keefe has been stiff not to get a run yet or even be an emergency! I thought he would have been ahead of stack last weekend! Stack has played resi's most of the year! Should they give oker a crack this week against the swans and give harbrow a spell?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guy O'Keefe

I don't think we are going to be playing kids this year just because they are in good form at VFL level. I think they'd only come in for structural purposes if we have injuried. Unless our season was to completely fall away, then you'd probably question the selection of the team if we weren't playing kids.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd think he'd be half a chance of playing this week with a few of the injuries we have at the moment. Possibly replace Higgins and have him attempting to play the same role. Stints in the midfield and up forward.

Post Thanks / Like

That is what i meant to say, because we have had some injuries and some out of form, i just think he has been a bit stiff not be even in the mix!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella7 View Post
    Does anyone think o'keefe has been stiff not to get a run yet or even be an emergency! I thought he would have been ahead of stack last weekend! Stack has played resi's most of the year! Should they give oker a crack this week against the swans and give harbrow a spell?
    Is Harbrow injured? Otherwise he doesn't deserve to be dropped.

Post Thanks / Like

I think his best form was a few weeks back and whilst he got a lot of the footy on Saturday he wasn't anywhere near as effective as I have seen.
    He could have kicked 4 but got one in the last quarter and that could be the sort of thing that holds him back. Stack jumped ahead of O'Keefe based more on the senior teams limitations with pace and agility more than being in better form than O'Keefe.

Harbrow is unlikely to be given a spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think his best form was a few weeks back and whilst he got a lot of the footy on Saturday he wasn't anywhere near as effective as I have seen.
    He could have kicked 4 but got one in the last quarter and that could be the sort of thing that holds him back. Stack jumped ahead of O'Keefe based more on the senior teams limitations with pace and agility more than being in better form than O'Keefe.

Harbrow is unlikely to be given a spell.
    Fair enough but i still think he has been pretty consistent all year and should have been in the mix especially last week with the injuries. I thought harbrow was well beaten by stokes!

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough but i still think he has been pretty consistent all year and should have been in the mix especially last week with the injuries. I thought harbrow was well beaten by stokes!
    Even so, O'Keefe isn't a defender so you would think he would only come in to replace one of our midfielders.

Post Thanks / Like

O'Keefe has been very good all season and has probably only had a couple of quiet games including the pre-seasons ones. With the senior side looking lethargic some weeks they will probably look at guys like Stack a bit more favorably than his form would suggest.

I agree that Harbrow was beaten by Stokes but he has racked up a few credits and is unlikely to be dropped. He certainly doesn't need a spell like Ward did a few weeks back.

Post Thanks / Like

The other point on Harbrow, and he is going to be beaten on occasions as he grows into this position, especially until he puts some more size on, but the way he takes players on is very positive, he can tackle, and tackle extremely well, we have all seen that, the fact that the coaching staff gives him a nod to kicking out is also a positive.

Unless Harbrow has a slamp in form over a period of time, it would be crazy to drop him, he just needs as many games as possible, and i wouldn't be suprised if he is as important a player as a Wirra at West Coast, or an Johncock at the Crows, will also release the likes of Gilbee to play further up the field.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    The other point on Harbrow, and he is going to be beaten on occasions as he grows into this position, especially until he puts some more size on, but the way he takes players on is very positive, he can tackle, and tackle extremely well, we have all seen that, the fact that the coaching staff gives him a nod to kicking out is also a positive.

Unless Harbrow has a slamp in form over a period of time, it would be crazy to drop him, he just needs as many games as possible, and i wouldn't be suprised if he is as important a player as a Wirra at West Coast, or an Johncock at the Crows, will also release the likes of Gilbee to play further up the field.
    Would you like to see harbrow up forward in the pocket milne/davis style?

Post Thanks / Like

Harbrow played there last year. Before the start of this year I didnt think Harbrow was in our best 22, but now he is playing in our defence I really think its starting to work. So I'd prefer him to be left in defence.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I don't really like him down back. I wonder why he is being played there? I mean he has been effective, but he does make mistakes, he isn't big enough, and isn't the best decision maker. Wouldn't he be better as a small forward?

Post Thanks / Like

I really don't think he is suited as a small forward, besides, we have quite a few of those with the likes of Stack, Lynch & O'Keefe coming through who could all play that role, and i believe are more natural in that position than Harbrow, Hill, Aker, Gia are more than enough small forwards right now as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    I actually think Harbrow is a poor tackler from a technique perspective - they never seem to properly stick and the opponent invariably still has the opportunity to dispose of the ball. His intent to lay defensive pressure, by actually chasing and tackling, comes completely naturally to him, but his technique when he catches his opponent definitely needs some work. An effective tackle should kill the ball instantly and deny forward momentum to the opposition, but too many of Harbrow's tackles don't kill the contest, and his opponent is still able to distribute further upfield. He almost goes too hard and too quickly at the body and invariably bounces/slides off.