Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

View Poll Results: Who will debut first?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tom Williams

15 88.24%
  • Andrejs Everitt

2 11.76%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will debut first?

Tom Williams or Andrejs Everitt?

Interesting comparison really - one has had injury troubles for 2 years but has filled out, and is the perfect size to play football. Is still gaining match fitness.

The other is a highly rated draft pick, noted as a project player but has already gained 5 kgs, looks quick enough to play on smalls and will have match-fitness at least on Williams.

Who do people think will get a game first?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will debut first?

I would love to say Williams but I think Everitt will get the nod first.

Post Thanks / Like

Williams. Probably by round 12
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Whoever earns it. Suspect they are dieing to give Williams a go, but won't till he and his form are right. No need to rush Everitt, but if his form says go, he will.

Don't write of Lynch beating both of them to a cameo role. In the Bees best last week.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    Agree but maybe earlier depending on his Bee's form

Post Thanks / Like

Tom Williams.

I think Everitt probably won't debut until after Round 16, if he in fact DOES make an appearance this year, where as Williams is likely to get a game before Round 16 if he stays fit.
    W00F!

Post Thanks / Like

Williams, and I think he may play a bit sooner than Round 12 - again his form has to warrant it, but if he is doing a reasonable job and VFL level, he'll get moved up pretty quickly I feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by southerncross View Post
    I hope so.
    Official Cartoonist for the Western Bulldogs. True!

Post Thanks / Like

Heard a bit of Eade's press conference today and he said Tom Williams should debut before the break and was even talked about in today's match committee meeting, some want him in now.

Post Thanks / Like

Young bull/old bull.

Take our time, just for now.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Heard a bit of Eade's press conference today and he said Tom Williams should debut before the break and was even talked about in today's match committee meeting, some want him in now.
    This might be what you are talking about

Dogs clear the air

FRANK discussion among players and coaching staff on Tuesday cleared the air for the Western Bulldogs to focus on tackling St Kilda at Telstra Dome on Saturday night.

Coach Rodney Eade said yesterday he noted a resolve among the players to rectify mistakes from Sunday's mauling by Adelaide at the MCG. "The guys spoke very openly about themselves and their teammates. It was a very positive meeting. I certainly get a good, strong feeling they want to atone for what happened," he said.
    Eade said the group understood the context behind him naming senior players down on form at the MCG, a post-game observation wrongly interpreted as criticism by some media.
    "What I said was that it's very difficult to win when your better players don't play well," he said.
    "It was very measured, it wasn't any criticism of them. Everyone is going to play poorly at some stage. I just named six of our top 10 players who didn't play well which was a fact.
    "They came to me the next day. Three of them (Brad Johnson, Robert Murphy, Daniel Giansiracusa) are in the leadership group and they said it was fine. They didn't take any offence at all.
    "I didn't mention them to try to get a reaction from them which coaches do and I do at times to, maybe, provoke them. But it wasn't even in that context. It was just more about stating the fact that it's pretty difficult to win if your good players don't play well."
    Full-back Brian Harris' return after suspension is timely with Nick Riewoldt back in St Kilda's attack.
    "Obviously, they've got some good quality talls and we were hurt last week in that area which obviously at some stage is going to catch us out," Eade said.
    "Brian straight back in will hopefully stiffen that defence."
    While a hamstring injury will keep Jason Akermanis out for at least two games, Mitch Hahn resumes in the VFL and 2004 top-10 draft pick Tom Williams continues to develop.
    Hahn, who suffered a serious knee injury in Round 12 last season, makes a cautious comeback in the Werribee reserves this weekend.
    "He'll play a half to three-quarters and, hopefully, it's only a couple of weeks before he's in the Werribee ones," Eade said.
    The 196cm Williams, out last season after foot surgery, is on track for an AFL debut sooner than expected.
    "He played very well at the weekend with Werribee. His name was mentioned today at match committee, but we think to be fair to Tom, he needs to get at least three to four weeks of football," Eade said.
    Bulldog Pride will never die

Post Thanks / Like

Williams is now looking about 4-6 weeks away, depending on his fitness and form, and how the team is faring. Wouldn't write Everitt off either. He was named first (?) in the Bees best. Another 2 or 3 like that might force the selectors hands.

Did anyone who watched the Bees last weekend have an eye on Tom and can confirm that he deserves this wrap and is not being used along with Hahn as distraction from the poor performance?

Speaking of Hahn can't wait!
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

I read somewhere that Williams played well except that his kicking is crap. Is this correct?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    Williams is now looking about 4-6 weeks away, depending on his fitness and form, and how the team is faring. Wouldn't write Everitt off either. He was named first (?) in the Bees best. Another 2 or 3 like that might force the selectors hands.

Did anyone who watched the Bees last weekend have an eye on Tom and can confirm that he deserves this wrap and is not being used along with Hahn as distraction from the poor performance?
    The ball was down in the Werribee backline often which is why Everitt and Williams were in the bests. Henderson the werribee full back also played well but was moved forward in the second half.
    Everitt was courageous, took a number of marks and ran trying to create.
    Williams started well with a mark by just reading it better, made a few spoils, and went on a few runs. He then started on the bench in the 2nd quarter then came back late in the 2nd and played the rest of the match. Williams did everything you could have asked from a backman. He did line up on some undersized(compared to him) forwards and was too tall for them. Was on Bruce Reid's son (skinny tall) late in the game.
    He made a mistake or 2, including throwing out the back (rugby style) when tackled.
    He has good atheleticism.
    He deserves the wraps but needs to plays 3 or 4 more games at that level before promotion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I read somewhere that Williams played well except that his kicking is crap. Is this correct?
    I didn't notice it that much.
    On one or two runs he might have missed the target or chosen the wrong option.
    He is not worse than Minson.