Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: VCAT - Dogs club ‘vital’

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    They're sort of correct. The players don't as individuals, but they are only a small facet in 100+ years of the Club which as a collective undoubtedly has in the past and will for many years to come. I am anti pokies but the arguments have been presented in that article are incredibly pedestrian.

Like Rohan Smith or Brad Johnson or Cal Ward dont come from the local area. Blokes like that represent us just fine.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Like Rohan Smith or Brad Johnson or Cal Ward dont come from the local area. Blokes like that represent us just fine.
    Daniel Giansirausa is another. I think Dale Morris is a Western suburbs boy as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Daniel Giansirausa is another. I think Dale Morris is a Western suburbs boy as well.
    Doutta Stars.

So their are more players on our list from Adelaide than there are from Melbourne's west.

The Western Bulldogs - the team for all South Australians!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Doutta Stars.

So their are more players on our list from Adelaide than there are from Melbourne's west.

The Western Bulldogs - the team for all South Australians!!!!

Apples for apples would be Victorian V South Australians.

Any ideas on the numbers for that? I'd do it myself but little Lucy Joy Liberatore is looking over my shoulder asking when we are going to see the petting zoo in Footscray this morning-and she's the boss!

Post Thanks / Like

Apples for apples would be Victorian V South Australians.

Any ideas on the numbers for that? I'd do it myself but little Lucy Joy Liberatore is looking over my shoulder asking when we are going to see the petting zoo in Footscray this morning-and she's the boss!
    Why?

Is Lindsay Gilbee of Coldstream via Eastern Rangers a Western Suburbs boy?

FWIW, the state by state breakdown is:

VIC - 18
    SA - 7
    QLD - 7 (including Ben Hudson and Jason Akermanis, both of whom started off in Victoria until they were teenagers)
    WA - 3
    NSW - 3
    TAS - 1
    NT - 1

5 of our 6 rookies are Victorian (and Panos from SA).

Post Thanks / Like

Why?

Is Lindsay Gilbee of Coldstream via Eastern Rangers a Western Suburbs boy?

No, not everyone is lucky enough to be a born westy mate.

Lindsay might be a hillbilly but Coldstream is still in Victoria. Are the population's of Adelaide and The West roughly similar? I think we have a better system in Victoria for identifying and developing talent as well so that could skew the figures.

BTW;

QLD - 7
    WA - 3
    NSW - 3

So Qld have provided us with more than twice as many players as WA? And we have just as many Queenslanders as Sandgropers? That's an interesting stat-Mike needs to lift his game...

Post Thanks / Like

QLD - 7
    WA - 3
    NSW - 3

So Qld have provided us with more than twice as many players as WA? And we have just as many Queenslanders as Sandgropers? That's an interesting stat-Mike needs to lift his game...
    Croweaters

Post Thanks / Like

Re: VCAT - Dogs club ‘vital’ - **new article update 16/12/09**

Umm whats this got to do with the VCAT decision??

Post Thanks / Like

Croweaters

My bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Great to hear. This will be an excellent place to watch the interstate games for those of us without foxtel.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting the thread's turned into a parochial peeing competition. Very Big Footy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    Fair enough, though it may be the state govt agency as the overall manager of the land that does the tendering out of this function. I don't know really. Maybe the Council could put in a tender?
    If it's currently a revenue stream for the Council you'll bet you ass they'll be putting a tender in, unless they have a ready-made replacement revenue stream somewhere else, because someone's job will depend on it.

It's amazing how quickly philosophical objections dissipate when the almighty dollar is involved.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    If it's currently a revenue stream for the Council you'll bet you ass they'll be putting a tender in, unless they have a ready-made replacement revenue stream somewhere else, because someone's job will depend on it.

It's amazing how quickly philosophical objections dissipate when the almighty dollar is involved.
    Never a truer word spoken. Hopefully we can utilise this advantage we now have over the council to get them working with us instead of against us for future projects. It ultimately doesn't really matter who is in the right or wrong (FWIW, I think the council has been reprehensible in their conduct by only serving such a tiny minority of their elected constituents in this case) but the continued banging of heads between the club and the council would better serve both parties if it ended and a fully cooperative approach between the two parties now took place. Let's hope that it does and that a smooth transition of future projects undertaken by the Bulldogs can now take place.

Club Edgewater is a wonderful result for the Bulldogs, and a major feather in the cap of Rose and Smorgon. It will also be a fantastic venue for young families in the area to enjoy a relaxed dinner or weekend lunch - similar venues in the east like the Veneto Club in Bulleen (which has pokies but you wouldn't know it unless you specifically sought them out) do incredible patronage because they have made their venues extremely family friendly (doesn't hurt that the Veneto has also nailed a quality food menu that remains affordable for families).

Unlike those dopey Magpies that tried their hand at managing seedy nightclubs and bars (with predicatbly disastrous results), it's good to see we have set the bar higher with the development of a multi-purpose venue that will provide the local community with a vibrant hub during daylight hours as well as evenings and weekends. The pokies will be a very minor part of the overall project, and as others have stated previously, people will find them if they want to play them irrespective of where they end up being located.

Post Thanks / Like

As a long time member of the Western suburbs community it is a bout time we are able to call something like this development our very own.I have foxtel but would much prefer to watch the doggies play in a place like this as home just lacks the same feeling (i get told off a lof watching the games at home) well done to the dogs and shame on you Footscray council!!!
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

There will be no appeal mounted on the Edgewater development decision, although the RADIM President will be objecting to the liquor licence application...

No appeal on Western Bulldogs’ Edgewater ruling
    Maribyrnong Leader | Helen Jacobs | 07 Jan 2010

A SUPREME Court battle will not be mounted over the Western Bulldogs’ controversial Club Edgewater function centre development.

Maribyrnong Council said last week its lawyers had advised that appealing a decision by the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal to approve the venue, which would include 70 poker machines, was unlikely to succeed.

The number of poker machines is at the centre of opponents’ concerns.

Mayor Sel Sanli said the council would meet residents this month to discuss the VCAT decision, announced on December 15.

“Although the VCAT decision looks at ways of minimising the impact on neighbouring residents, I still believe more could be done,” Cr Sanli said. “We will be meeting with the residents in the New Year to see what other things can be put in place to reduce gambling in the area.”.

Residents Against Inappropriate Development in Maribyrnong (RADIM) president Enzo De Fazio said the group would not pursue its own court appeal due to financial and time constraints.

“Unfortunately we can’t go any further, but we will be objecting to the liquor licence application,” Mr De Fazio said. “We encourage anyone who feels they or their amenity will be affected detrimentally that they should consider objecting as well.”

Click HERE to read the remainder of the article...