Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Selection Vs Saints

Quote Originally Posted by MsBulldog View Post
    Who are the emergencies for tonight? I haven't been able to find them listed anywhere.
    Fulkner, McDougall and Robbins

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Agree that the changes make the odds of a late change tomorrow v likely. Eade likes to play these games and might be trying Ross Lyon out.

Also like the idea of starting McMahon in the middle tomorrow night. Maybe he'll rotate through the middle and forward lines with someone like Cooney, as happened against the Crows last year.
    I felt Addison had been brought in to perhaps mind Stephen Milne and release Jordie McMahon for other duties, either roaming at half back or midfield.

The three ruckmen is an interesting one, given how little we played on Sunday with both Minson and Darcy on the ground

Seems to me that we play better at the Dome than the G, though perhaps I shouldn't have sat in the same spot I watched last years North Melbourne debacle from (which I did not sit in for the Collingwood final)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    I felt Addison had been brought in to perhaps mind Stephen Milne and release Jordie McMahon for other duties, either roaming at half back or midfield.

The three ruckmen is an interesting one, given how little we played on Sunday with both Minson and Darcy on the ground

Seems to me that we play better at the Dome than the G, though perhaps I shouldn't have sat in the same spot I watched last years North Melbourne debacle from (which I did not sit in for the Collingwood final)
    I think it would be a tough ask of Addison to take on Milne but if he did OK he does free up others players like McMahon as you suggested.

Surely Darcy has to play as a key forward with the other two sharing the ruck work.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Surely Darcy has to play as a key forward with the other two sharing the ruck work.
    My Point excatly, I think we have been a little unfair to Darcy to expect him to go into the ruck after two knee operations and two years of no football. Street is our best tap ruckman but needs to do more around the ground.

It would be great to see Darcy settle in to the FF role for the whole game and not swap him around.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    My Point excatly, I think we have been a little unfair to Darcy to expect him to go into the ruck after two knee operations and two years of no football. Street is our best tap ruckman but needs to do more around the ground.

It would be great to see Darcy settle in to the FF role for the whole game and not swap him around.
    The more you think about St Kildas defence the more you think we might well try stacking our forward line also. After all they have no defender anywhere near Cam Wights height or even Brian Harris.

I actually think a close to four quarter performance from Darcy in the goal square might be a good way to get him back in the swing of that role, with Cameos on the ball

The three ruckmen would also allow us to drop one back in defensive 50 if thats what we wanted to do

Post Thanks / Like

When is the final announced? Can someone post it please?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    When is the final announced? Can someone post it please?
    Only half an hour before the game. I might have to stay home for this one (bloody deadlines) - I'll post it if I do so as the radio should announce the teams at the 1/2 hour to go point.

What are your viewing options DR?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Only half an hour before the game. I might have to stay home for this one (bloody deadlines) - I'll post it if I do so as the radio should announce the teams at the 1/2 hour to go point.

What are your viewing options DR?
    Don't have Foxtel but it's on at 10.30pm on Ch 10 up here.

Will watch the game at home with a Sainter friend up from Canberra, after a fine meal. Won't know the score.

We'd better win!!!!!
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Don't have Foxtel but it's on at 10.30pm on Ch 10 up here.

Will watch the game at home with a Sainter friend up from Canberra, after a fine meal. Won't know the score.

We'd better win!!!!!
    Are you sure it's on at 10:30pm up there? Doggies email says it's live in NSW and Canberra but this might exclude Sydney?

Contrary to rumours Saints coach Lyon just confirmed Riewoldt is playing. Should here about the dog's final list in a moment, but teh radio guys watching the warm-up seemed to indicate that Street was there and it looked like no changes.

Post Thanks / Like

But as rumoured, Clarke is out with McQualter in. No changes for the bulldogs which is pretty surprising imo. I guess Darcy will spend a fair bit of time forward, and maybe Minson and Street will amble down there as well.

Maybe it's a psychological move from Eade, knowing Clarke was in trouble and the emphasis that Lyon is placing on stoppages and his disappointment at being smashed there by Brisbane, Eade wanted to stack up in rucks. Still seems a bit strange though given Street's form (though IIRC he was brought in a couple of years ago against Everitt in a similar situation when not performing at Werribee).