Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  5
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hitting the post!

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Double standards. If we don't source their articles right, GVGjr gets a rocket and is forced to police every new thread with an article. GVGjr, you should be demanding to be sourced

i.e. "FOR the most part, an AFL goalpost is no wider than a pint glass. The sticks start at 100mm in diameter at the bottom, tapering to 76mm at the top. Yet the Western Bulldogs are this season doing an extraordinary job of slamming the Sherrin into the uprights, according to WOOF.net.au bloggers.

The Bulldogs have managed 38 "posters" - 10 more than any other side. In Saturday's five-point loss to West Coast, the Dogs hit the post three times posted 'bulldogtragic'. "

Much more accuarte
    The amazing thing is that it's not just a feeling that we have that we are the kings of the self-destruct.. it's actually a documented stat!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    The amazing thing is that it's not just a feeling that we have that we are the kings of the self-destruct.. it's actually a documented stat!
    What happened to the rules committee making a poster 3 points. We would have won 3 games this year if that rule went through... I just realised writing that, posters have cost us 3 games this year. For F*** sake.... Win them and we are pushing for top 2. It really is a game of centimetres isn't it, that's just cruel.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Win them and we are pushing for top 2. It really is a game of centimetres isn't it, that's just cruel.
    We would have found a way to lose the close ones - we always do. For as long as I care to remember (save for a short but beautiful period in 2000), we are the kings of coming from behind and being pipped, or being overrun and being pipped, or just ending up on the wrong side of the ledger in a close one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We would have found a way to lose the close ones - we always do. For as long as I care to remember (save for a short but beautiful period in 2000), we are the kings of coming from behind and being pipped, or being overrun and being pipped, or just ending up on the wrong side of the ledger in a close one.
    Yes and does anyone else feel those time keepers just sit upstairs waiting for the other to team to hit the front before blowing the siren.

Post Thanks / Like

3 already tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

FIVE, you mean. That's 25 points pissed away.

Post Thanks / Like

It the lowlight of our year this year..
    Hitting the post has simply cost us games this year!

Post Thanks / Like

I think of this thread every time we hit the post. Great call TCD.

becmatty Guest

6 'posters' Vs Geelong - a new record? Anyone know what the most posters is for a single AFl match?

Glad we won despite this fact...

Post Thanks / Like

I sent a msg to Mighty West(not sure if he got it) i think it was after qtr time saying, how many times are we gona hit the post damit, 3 already, should manage a world record tonight for sure.....

Its amazing how many times we hit it....

Post Thanks / Like

Tense first quarter - I wasn't pleased with the three posters in it

Should have been a lot further in front at half time

Post Thanks / Like

I hope we have had our season quota in the H&A season, just in time for finals!!!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

The first 4 posters really had me worried. The scoreboard pressure you lose in those instances can hurt and I was left thinking about the Prelim where we missed a lot of shots which kicked us out of a chance.

When the momentum swings, and it always does in today game, you need that buffer. You can dominate for 20 minutes and kick 1.5 and come a cropper in 3 mins of football these days, particularly against top sides like Geelong.

Good to see Stokes hit the post late though, a bit of luck our way for a change.

Johnno and Welsh could have two goals to their names whicvh would have blown the lid off the stadium if not for the rotten goal posts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minson27 View Post
    I sent a msg to Mighty West(not sure if he got it) i think it was after qtr time saying, how many times are we gona hit the post damit, 3 already, should manage a world record tonight for sure.....

Its amazing how many times we hit it....
    Yeah some crazy woman sent me some random message about hitting posts, i just deleted it...., nah!

It might have been Blighty, but someone was saying one time, that if you hit the post, you are pretty much getting it right with your kicking for goal being so close with your misses for goal, if you keep kicking it through the points or on the full, then you have a real problem.

For whatever reason, we kick a hell of alot of posters at the Dome, it's not wind assisted, it just has to come down to bad luck imo.

But yeah, it must be just as frustrating for the players as it is for us supporters, and like Sos stated, could have very easily lost whatever momentum we had, maybe that was part of the reason they got the momentum their way in the 3rd quarter, one of those unknowns i guess, but the luck finally went our way and we were able to hold & get back in front which was massive against a side like Geelong.

Post Thanks / Like

I cant believe how often it happens with us, last night was unbelieveable, surely the odds must turn and we dont hit a post for the next 5 years...