Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Some ideas

One thing I didn't mention is its a lot harder to turn towards your goal than it is to face it.
    Some players just can't do it eg Glen Jakovich.

Not sure if Wight has it.

Post Thanks / Like

Loads of interesting ideas: Really we've played like a team expecting it to happen, instead of going out and making it happen. I actually dont think we need to change that much except our mindset.

Rucks - I'd keep Minson in the team, I know he hasn't been good the past two weeks, he was ridiculously bad against Adelaide, and only marginally better against the Saints, but I thought he was pretty good first up against Geelong. However I am frustrated in that he does not appear to be focussing enough on the ball at the centre bounces. I rate Street and believe rebuilding Darcys career is worthwhile.

I dont think McDougall has shown enough form to warrant re-selection just yet - , Ernie Sigleys, Hargraves/McDougall comparison is interesting, perhaps maybe its that they are just two relaxed western australian cats but I am not so sure its intensity issue - some guys are intense and up for it, but just dont look it.

I certainly think over the past two weeks McMahon could have spent more time on the ball and we erred by not getting him in there quicker, particularly against Adelaide - he looks in the type of form that it does not matter where you put him, he will find the ball.

I personally like Cooney on the ball and floating forward, not sure how much he has played in the centre square of recent, but also not sure how his OP is travelling, adn that may need to be managed

Farren Ray is out of touch and needs a spell with Werribee, my guess is that Matty Robbins deserves an opportunity - hes a guy that gives it everything. But I also would not be disappointed to see Cam Faulkner given a shot, and Travis Baird might be a useful option also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    How about moving Harris to the forward line?
    He is more than capable of playing as a forward and a defender although I think he is better value on a more consistent basis as a defender. Currently we probably cannot afford to move him away from the back line. Perhaps if/when Williams is ready it might create some opportunities to move Harris.
    Bulldog Pride will never die