Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Adam Cooney's knee just fine

Phew!! ....

Adam Cooney's knee just fine
    The Herald Sun
    Damian Barrett | July 16, 2009

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade expects Brownlow medallist Adam Cooney to complete the rest of the season free of knee problems. Eade said yesterday his champion midfielder would definitely play against Essendon at Etihad Stadium tonight.

Cooney has suffered minor complications to the knee that was operated on late last year.

"Adam's fine. He went into the Collingwood game (last Friday) and he had a bit of a clean-up after the Hawthorn game (the previous week)," Eade told Superfooty program Front and Square.

"He just got a bit of a knock, had a little bit of swelling in the same knee (which was operated on last year), but not where the operation was.

"It was on the different side of the knee.

"He took that in to the Collingwood game, which made his recovery a little bit hampered this week on the Monday and Tuesday.

"But he has pulled up well. He trained yesterday.

"He's fine, and we're pretty confident he will be right from now on."

Cooney has played 13 of the 15 matches this season and in four of the past five games has accumulated more than 30 disposals.

He is expected to receive close attention tonight from the Bombers, possibly with Andrew Welsh as an opponent.

Like his Collingwood counterpart Mick Malthouse, Eade is not yet contracted beyond this season, despite leading his side to third place on the ladder after 15 rounds.

"We've had some discussions and there has always been a timeline that they have involved me in," Eade said.

"There have been a few people away since we have had the bye weekend and that has pushed it back a couple of weeks.

"Hopefully there is some sort of notification in the next few weeks."

Eade said the delay in finalising his contract was not a concern.

"I'm not worried. There has been constant dialogue and I know where it is at," Eade said. "From my point of view, I am very comfortable where it is at."

Eade reiterated his midweek claims that tonight's match could finish with a total of 50 goals.

"I just think both teams will play to their strengths, play to their assets," Eade said.

"Twenty-six goals to 25 goals our way will be just fine."

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Adam Cooney's knee just fine

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post

Eade reiterated his midweek claims that tonight's match could finish with a total of 50 goals.

"I just think both teams will play to their strengths, play to their assets," Eade said.

"Twenty-six goals to 25 goals our way will be just fine."
    We play our best football when we win the clearances and apply solid defensive pressure to the opposition.

If we win 26 goals to 25 I for one will be pissed off.

Post Thanks / Like

It will make for an entertaining night though!!

Post Thanks / Like

Let's hope the knee is fine - I guess that's why Adam has seemed to be restricted in his run - want to see him bursting out of the pack and down the ground at blistering speed, finishing it off with a goal - yeah!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    We play our best football when we win the clearances and apply solid defensive pressure to the opposition.

If we win 26 goals to 25 I for one will be pissed off.
    Yeah should be more like this:

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.