Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Where was everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I was just chatting to The Dogs Bollocks wife who went last night with her sister (TDB coaches the local under 11's who played last night) & somehow got tickets amongst all the Essendon supporters.

She said it was frightening, the sheer abuse they copped, just because they dared to barrack for their team.

Unbelievably, the major culprits we men over the age of 50 who hurled abuse until the 15 minute mark of the last quarter when they started to leave.

She was meant to meet someone at half time, but was too frightened to leave her seat.
    Pretty sad really.

As I said in the thread earlier I have never been so disgusted in opposition supporters all my life. The amount of abuse I copped was unbelieveable. I got a beer thrown at me by one of the standing area vermin for jumping out of my seat when Cross kicked a goal. The coward hid when I turned around but another Bulldog fan pointed him out. I made sure to turn around and clap and cheer every goal or free kick after that (I know how to give a low blow). I really was expecting a belting when I was walking from my seat, fortunatly most of them left before the end of the game.

I never thought a team could overtake Collingwood as my most hated. I wish nothing but the worst for their club and their supporters from here on in. I'll never forget the experience I had last night for as long as I live!

All that being said those morons made the win so much better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I was just chatting to The Dogs Bollocks wife who went last night with her sister (TDB coaches the local under 11's who played last night) & somehow got tickets amongst all the Essendon supporters.

She said it was frightening, the sheer abuse they copped, just because they dared to barrack for their team.

Unbelievably, the major culprits we men over the age of 50 who hurled abuse until the 15 minute mark of the last quarter when they started to leave.

She was meant to meet someone at half time, but was too frightened to leave her seat.
    I was surrounded by Essendon supporters, but it was all pretty friendly banter. I guess their are some good ones and some bad one, just the luck of the draw.

Post Thanks / Like

We bought seats in level 3, around aisle 16 I think- it was a pretty good view actually, albeit of course mostly filled with Essendon fans. But I've never been so disgusted in opposition supporters in my life, first of all they think the world owes them something and secondly they don't understand the rules. Firstly, if you take the ball out of the ruck and get tackled, it's a free kick, but if the ball BOUNCES, then you pick it up and get tackled, it's not a free kick- I reckon they called ball about 3 times for that. In the last quarter Ward got tackled basically AS he took the ball and the old Essendon men on the other side of the stairs were going ballistic saying that he could have kicked it. These guys also came out with some profound statements like 'stop giving them free kicks umpires'...completely refusing to accept any one of our frees, and 'what have we got to do?' after another dropped mark that was correctly not paid...to which we were like '..um, you have to mark the ball to be paid a mark'. I happily accept that the free kicks we gave away were there- it's football, you're going to give away free kicks, deal with it- young backmen often give away undisciplined free kicks, which we saw in players like Hargrave etc. when they were younger, they'll learn from it and get better- but they turned on their own players pretty quickly once things went against them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dales.girl38 View Post
    Firstly, if you take the ball out of the ruck and get tackled, it's a free kick, but if the ball BOUNCES, then you pick it up and get tackled, it's not a free kick- I reckon they called ball about 3 times for that.
    It's also not a free kick if the umpire calls play on, such as a bad bounce after an around-the-ground stoppage.

Essendon fans are the biggest bandwagoners IMO. After 2000 they were everywhere, now they are just another club. Always like beating them. I have a couple of Essendon fans who I used to work with that don't go to games anymore, because they don't like their own fans - I've only ever heard Bombers & Demon fans say that about their compatriots.

Post Thanks / Like

We were sitting in Level 3 Aisle 8, Row G there was quite a mixture of both Dogs and Bombers supporters. There were no concerns even heard a few Bombers supporters praising Lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    All that being said those morons made the win so much better.

Always feels better after you cop heaps from the opposition.

I was in the cheersquad, always stupid people around up, we usually cop a bit, jsut have to be big enough to ignore it and just take notice of the game(although there is only so much you can take), but saying that, we didnt cop that much last night, just a few school girls trying to get to a few people(didnt work) and an idiot up on level 2(who'd had a few to drink).

Post Thanks / Like

Level 1, aisle 9 - thanks to my bomber loving best friend
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

I just found out at work there a few Bomber supporters, never knew that before. And was told by the ppl who told me that they are only loud and outspoken when bombers are looking to come in the top 4.

but now that they can barely win a game for the last few years, they dont open their mouth all footy season. hehe

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dales.girl38 View Post
    young backmen often give away undisciplined free kicks, which we saw in players like Hargrave etc. when they were younger, they'll learn from it and get better
    Exactly, the maturity of our backline stood out last night and theirs was exposed in the second half once we started kicking deeper inside 50
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

I was Level 3, aisle 15. Was a few Bulldogs around us, but a lot more Bombers.

I am a vocal supporter and am prone to the odd "BALL" shout late in a game, when it's probably not there. But (I would like to think) that I realise my mistake quickly and sit down. Not carry on about it for the next 5minutes, with both verbal and demonstrative :P abuse!!

And how about the booing, any time a Dogs player had a shot? Carlton and Essendon are the worst at this.
    Also, was anyone else a bit confused when the Air Raid sirens went off before the Bombers ran out? Having not lived through any wars, it took me a little while to realise that we weren't expected to be evacuating...

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon = PURE & UTTER FILTH.

Nothing better than beating them and watching their moronic mob leave early. They believe they have a right to play finals footy and are unable to accept defeat.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I was there.

I almost marked the ball when Will kicked a goal after his 50m penalty.
    Heard footsteps?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    I snuck in with my bro & cousin in level 1 aisle 10 just in front of the Victory Room public bar. Sean Denham sitting in front of us calling Aker soft. I replied not bad for a 3 times premiership player!
    Lonnie?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Heard footsteps?
    Something like that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Lonnie?
    Yes, and who are you? Craig?