Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: My theory on form slump

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    When Everitt starts to play we'll have Williams, Wight, Harris and Everitt all as "talls" in the backline, so I think it's quite likely that one of them at least will find another role. I've heard it suggested that Williams was perhaps drafted with the view of being a forward, as was Minson - not too sure about how accurate that is. Perhaps Wight will end up a ruckmen - he certainly looked a bit more comfortable rucking against the Tigers than he did last year, when he was thrown in there as our players broke down around him. He could be a good option there with his fitness, agility and ability to disposal of the ball reasonably well. Just not sure if he has a big enough and strong enough body just yet to compete against some of the seasoned ruckmen of the competition. Our tall woes are suddenly not seeming as bad as we thought. Fingers crossed.

I agree there's a long way to go before we can be sure we have added tall options to the team and all of, Wight, Williams and Everitt are a long way from the sort of bodies needed to bash and rash in packs or the ruck but the day just might be getting closer when the dogs rise up in the West.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    I agree there's a long way to go before we can be sure we have added tall options to the team and all of, Wight, Williams and Everitt are a long way from the sort of bodies needed to bash and rash in packs or the ruck but the day just might be getting closer when the dogs rise up in the West.
    I believe the Club is also grooming Stephen Tiller in the backline, so plenty of future options....... I hope
    Last edited by Dry Rot; 27-04-2007 at 03:39 PM. Reason: OOps - my mistake - no edit

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I believe the Club is also grooming Stephen Tiller in the backline, so plenty of future options....... I hope
    Us, or Werribee because they can't fit him into the forwardline?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    He's looked OK a few times that I have seen him but just seems to cop an injury. If he can stay injury free he might provide us with a Hargrave type defender.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I think thats more the case.
    Like we really need 10 or so developing key defenders and only 1 or 2 developing key forwards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Tiller said when he arrived that he considered himself an attacking full back.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Tiller said when he arrived that he considered himself an attacking full back.
    Didn't know that. Perhaps Harris might well move forward in the medium to long term?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Toast View Post
    Didn't know that. Perhaps Harris might well move forward in the medium to long term?
    If we could spare him from the back line that would be great for the team. I still think he would be a better defender than forward but ideally he should be able to be moved between both roles.

When was the last time we threw him up forward for 2 quarters or so?
    Bulldog Pride will never die