Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Blueprint

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Blueprint

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    The thread is full of posts about how individual players should be treated. That is not a blueprint but week to week action.

The Blueprint should be about how the club develops the list, how they work with Williamstown, how they set goals for players as individuals and the team.

An important part of the Blueprint is to keep the Bulldogs a continual premieship threat and would identify the resources the club need to provide to maximise the chance at the ultimate prize.
    I agree that the thread has gotten way off topic.

Lets see if we can get it back on track.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Disagree with the calls for Aker's scalp, he's been one of our top 5 players this year.

Regarding list deletions, the only players with a penned line through their name would be Wight and Skip, Lynch in pencil. Everyone else has six weeks left to prove themselves worthy going forward.
    You must be blind not see the value that Aker has done this year. He was sensational against brisbane, and turned the game against geelong. He was a bit fumbly last week, but who was not ?

If we get rid of 4: skip, wigh, lynch and o'shea; we should focus on fast tracking on of the tall youngster. Who would be worth giving a few games next year ? See how much Mumford has progressed this year. He out bodied several times in the game.

Post Thanks / Like

What I am trying to say is as part of the blue print we need to get one or two games into the kids during the year when the opportunity arises ( lack of form or injury) so that if we need them they at least know what to expect. Now is where i'm coming from as Murphy and Higgins have gone down with injury. Whos to say we won't lose a few more!! Thats what i mean about managing the list so we have some back up players to come in. I'm sure they are scratching thier heads at the minute! Imagine going into a prelim without Murph, Higgo and Boyd for example!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    You must be blind not see the value that Aker has done this year. He was sensational against brisbane, and turned the game against geelong. He was a bit fumbly last week, but who was not ?
    Aker was excellent early in the year. He's faded a bit of late. If he is unable to have an influence in the finals then its probably time to move on.

Just a shame with Aker that we didn't get him 10 years earlier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigfella7 View Post
    Do Geelong and St.Kilda play out of form and injured players? Not a chance!!
    Pretty sure Geelong played both in the GF last year

Post Thanks / Like

I think that the club is on the wrong track asking Eade to put in a BluePrint.

That's the President's job to appoint brains trust people to develop a Blueprint for success and then populate that BluePrint with staff capable of carrying it out.

The planning has to start at the very top level and be coordinated right throughout the club.

"This is what we want to achieve and this is how we are going to do it."

From recruiting to promotion, administration, player development, training, facilities, staffing and all the rest. The coach has to conform to the BluePrint, he is not the one who makes it; the coach is just another cog in the wheel.

They are going about it upside down, old thinking.

I bet clubs like the Eagles, Crows and Pies don't go about things that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by James Cuming View Post
    I think that the club is on the wrong track asking Eade to put in a BluePrint.

That's the President's job to appoint brains trust people to develop a Blueprint for success and then populate that BluePrint with staff capable of carrying it out.

The planning has to start at the very top level and be coordinated right throughout the club.

"This is what we want to achieve and this is how we are going to do it."

From recruiting to promotion, administration, player development, training, facilities, staffing and all the rest. The coach has to conform to the BluePrint, he is not the one who makes it; the coach is just another cog in the wheel.

They are going about it upside down, old thinking.

I bet clubs like the Eagles, Crows and Pies don't go about things that way.
    No offence to Smorgo and Co. but I wouldn't want them in charge of player development, training etc. They have their areas of expertise, Rocket has his. I'm sure the club admin have their own "vision". Trick is to find a coach that can match it.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]