Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 100,000 posts

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 100,000 posts

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    It's been a huge month.
    And its only gunna get bigger

Predicting with Barry on board and trade week coming, we will hit the 150,000 mark by 2010

Post Thanks / Like

Many of us newcomers don't know the history of the site, it would be an interesting story I'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by remember54 View Post
    Many of us newcomers don't know the history of the site, it would be an interesting story I'm sure.
    It officially started in late January of 2007 however, there was a few guys with access to the forum beforehand and they set up a lot of the content just before we went live.

I think the people that joined before the "go live" date back in late 2006 were:
    alwaysadog, Bulldog Revolution, Mofra, The Bulldogs Bite, BulldogBelle, Twodogs and W W Biscuit

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and Griffen#16 had written up a few things and emailed them to me as did a few others. (sorry if I have missed your names)

Dry Rot, Sunshine, The Coon Dog, Max469, Bornadog, Mrs Bulldog, Topdog all joined early in Jan 2007 and then the rest of the originals joined by late Jan 2007.
    aker39, bulldogtragic, Cyberdoggie, dog town, EJ Smith, ErnieSigley, firstdogonthemoon, Griffen#16, metal, mjp, Raw Toast, Sockeye Salmon, The Doctor, westdog54, whythelongface and Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

It was initially very slow on the forum with some days of just 15 or 20 contributions but by late 2007 we were in full swing and now it's quite busy.

Heaps of people listed above really did all the hard yards in the early days (and still do) and now thankfully we have a number of others who assist the site greatly by creating good threads and joining in the discussions.

Hopefully I haven't missed anyone from the early days.

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats and a big thankyou.
    Well done GVR jnr , Two Dogs and others who were involved at the start.
    For someone who has moved away from the Western Oval.
    Woof is a godsend with keeping me updated and entertained with Bulldogs and other AFL news.
    It's better to die on our feet than live on our knees.

Post Thanks / Like

Good to hear that little story GVGjr

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, you have done an amazing job.

It has been a pleasure being part of the "Woofer Family" from almost the beginning.

I have watched the forum grow from as GVGjr said - the slow times until now - with so many different of opinions and topics being discussed daily.

As a Woofer, I am proud to be part of such a passionate family with so much to look forward to - on and off the field.

We have discussed the highs and the lows of the past couple years and shared so much of each other.

There have been players drafted and traded and retirements - who can forget when our favourite sons - Chrissy and Darce retired - there was not a dry eye on the board.

We have exciting times ahead, with draft season nearly upon us - I am sure it will promote "healthy" discussions.

Wishing everyone, happy posting.

And thanks again - GVGjr , TCD. BulldogBelle and many others who have made this forum - the best there is.

-Max-
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Just nice to have a forum where stuff is discussed properly and with reasoning instead of one liners such as "Gia is soft".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    Just nice to have a forum where stuff is discussed properly and with reasoning instead of one liners such as "Gia is soft".
    Who asked for your opinion!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Just some stats some people might be interested in.

We had 217 registered members log on in one day last week which is the biggest turnout of registered people logging on in one day.

Our biggest day posts wise was 646 which was the day after the preliminary final day.
    22 new threads is our record for the most threads being created in a day. That figure has happened a couple of times in the last 2 week.
    The most viewed thread on WOOF is the New Members. (Most new members though don't ever say hi on it though)
    The most replied to thread on WOOF is the The Ben Hudson's Beard Appreciation Society

Post Thanks / Like

It officially started in late January of 2007 however, there was a few guys with access to the forum beforehand and they set up a lot of the content just before we went live.
    Yes, it only seems like yesterday when WOOF was in it's pre-school year, GVG was a bit of a slave driver back then ( only joking ) but we had a lot of fun starting this forum right from the beginning before unveiling it in late Jan 07.

Post Thanks / Like

It's a busy site now so well done to the moderators and a whole host of others who keep this place ticking over. I think this place would have gone into meltdown if we were playing this week.

Post Thanks / Like

We had another forum before this one called "Tri-Colour".

That one was by invitation only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

There was only one rule...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Our biggest day posts wise was 646 which was the day after the preliminary final day.
    Just imagine how many if we had lost a GF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post

The journey from BF with the vision of creating a utopian bulldogs sanctuary was worth it though through TC and now WOOF.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023