Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Eagleton, Murphy & West - Reported

Eagleton, West and Murphy are all on report this week -

Murphy - Forceful contact on Raines in the Second Quarter ( this should be thrown right out the door doesn't look like much)

West - For wrestling with King in the last quarter ( this will probably cop him a fine )

Eagleton - For tripping Deledio ( this one, I am worried about )

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagleton, Murphy & West - Reported

Some BF posters say they've seen the Eagleton incident slow-mo and it looks bad.

But if he's done it, he's done it and we'll move on.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 42-C-3 View Post
    Some BF posters say they've seen the Eagleton incident slow-mo and it looks bad.

But if he's done it, he's done it and we'll move on.

The best way to describe it is just imagine Eagle is Dustin Fletcher & an opposition player is about to go past him & before he knows it his leg has come out, purely a reflex action with no malicious intent.

Probably on points he'll go over a hundred & draw a week, but with good behaviour & an early guilty plea he'll fall under the hundred & escape a penalty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    The best way to describe it is just imagine Eagle is Dustin Fletcher & an opposition player is about to go past him & before he knows it his leg has come out, purely a reflex action with no malicious intent.

Probably on points he'll go over a hundred & draw a week, but with good behaviour & an early guilty plea he'll fall under the hundred & escape a penalty.
    I hope you're right about Eagle TCD.

Can anyone tell me if West has ever been reported or suspended, I can't recall any examples?

The worst Murph can get is a reprimand, they surely can't be wanting players to pull out of contests for the loose ball, unless they have forewarning of contact with a player's head. It was courageous rather than reckless IMHO.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

There were two trips of West by Richmond players, were they reported?

Post Thanks / Like

Worst case scenario is that these guys all miss a week. Who would replace them?
    Aker, Monty and Faulkner?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Worst case scenario is that these guys all miss a week. Who would replace them?
    Aker, Monty and Faulkner?
    What's the prognosis on Power; suddenly everyone has forgotten how good he has been in building on his efforts late last year... and if Bobby is missing he has shown he can fill that void.

As irreplaceable as Westie is why wouldn't Crossie come back in? How badly hurt is he?

Aker plays a different role to Eagle but they could be swapped and others given Eagles run and carry role.

Power, Cross and Aker for me.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    There were two trips of West by Richmond players, were they reported?
    One was by the hands. Shouldn't go for that. Didn't see the other.
    Eagleton lashed out with his leg

Post Thanks / Like

Murph's incident seems reasonably similar to Bassett's. I think he should get off. Eagle will be in trouble though, could possibly go for a match, although I don't think the attempted trip was really all that bad.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Murph's incident seems reasonably similar to Bassett's. I think he should get off. Eagle will be in trouble though, could possibly go for a match, although I don't think the attempted trip was really all that bad.
    Thats they way I read it to. Eagleton is the most likely to be given a spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by McMahon#23 View Post
    Murphy's was about as different to Bassett's as you could imagine. Not relevant at all.

No chance he will go, I'm surprised it hasn't been withdrawn already.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Murphy's was about as different to Bassett's as you could imagine. Not relevant at all.

No chance he will go, I'm surprised it hasn't been withdrawn already.
    Not as far as how the incident occurred, but the same ruling would be used to see that Murph doesn't get penalised. ie. eyes for the ball, not the player. Even if he had seen the player, what chance did he have to pull up? Did he try to minimise contact once he was aware etc.

I'm aware Bassett's was an attempted smother, but it's basically the same thing IMO, and the same principles should be applied.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    One was by the hands. Shouldn't go for that. Didn't see the other.
    Eagleton lashed out with his leg
    The second one was similiar, right on the final siren and the free was not taken by Westy. Does it make a difference if you trip by hand. Once upon a time a trip was regarded as almost the worst thing you could do an a football field. Jimmy Krakeour got 5 weeks for tripping.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't have the full details, but there was no suspensions, only fines and reprimands
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Reports:

West - can accept $900 fine
    Eagleton, can accept a reprimand and 45 points
    Murphy - Thrown out, no case to answer.