Dogs focused on getting away to a fast start....

Eade: Revenge not a factor
Sportal | Angus Morgan | 18/08/2009

The prospect of securing a finals double chance will be the Western Bulldogs' sole objective in Friday night's clash with Geelong rather than revenge for the club's controversial loss to the Cats earlier this season, according to coach Rodney Eade.

Skipper Brad Johnson's post-siren miss at Etihad Stadium in Round 9 which consigned the Bulldogs to a two-point defeat was a huge opportunity lost and the result still prompts much gnashing of teeth at Whitten Oval.

Eade said it will doubtlessly get a mention in the lead-up to Friday night, but it pales in terms of importance when compared to the simple need for four premiership points from the Bulldogs' final two matches to safeguard the double chance.

"I think the motivating force for us is just to try and win and get a top-four spot," said Eade after training at Whitten Oval on Tuesday.

"Obviously playing a quality team, you need to perform well against quality teams if you're going to perform well in September."

"I'm not really much into owing people or paying one back or motivation from what happened before - I think it's all a bit false and a bit hollow, to be honest."

"I think it's more about us and what we need to do."

Click HERE to read the remainder of the article...