Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Eade: Revenge not a factor

Dogs focused on getting away to a fast start....

Eade: Revenge not a factor
    Sportal | Angus Morgan | 18/08/2009

The prospect of securing a finals double chance will be the Western Bulldogs' sole objective in Friday night's clash with Geelong rather than revenge for the club's controversial loss to the Cats earlier this season, according to coach Rodney Eade.

Skipper Brad Johnson's post-siren miss at Etihad Stadium in Round 9 which consigned the Bulldogs to a two-point defeat was a huge opportunity lost and the result still prompts much gnashing of teeth at Whitten Oval.

Eade said it will doubtlessly get a mention in the lead-up to Friday night, but it pales in terms of importance when compared to the simple need for four premiership points from the Bulldogs' final two matches to safeguard the double chance.

"I think the motivating force for us is just to try and win and get a top-four spot," said Eade after training at Whitten Oval on Tuesday.

"Obviously playing a quality team, you need to perform well against quality teams if you're going to perform well in September."

"I'm not really much into owing people or paying one back or motivation from what happened before - I think it's all a bit false and a bit hollow, to be honest."

"I think it's more about us and what we need to do."

Click HERE to read the remainder of the article...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade: Revenge not a factor

The close finish last time will give us confidence that we can beat this mob.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yep, that's what I reckon also...Geelong look a little shaky, would love to knock them over by a big margin. Although, they will be getting Chapman and a few others back. With Ottens they are still undecided on whether they will bring him this week against us or play him in the VFL for another week.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm quietly confident we can do it on Friday night, although the continuing loss of Griff and now also Tommygun, has put a small dent in it. Although Eade says our previous loss doesn't mean that much, I think it gutted the team just like it gutted us, and hopefully the boys will be out to do themselves proud. Not really revenge, but more a knowledge that we can beat them! Go Dogs, maul them Cats (although I would be happy with a 1 point win)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BulldogBelle View Post
    Yep, that's what I reckon also...Geelong look a little shaky, would love to knock them over by a big margin. Although, they will be getting Chapman and a few others back. With Ottens they are still undecided on whether they will bring him this week against us or play him in the VFL for another week.
    You would have to think that is highly unlikely considering the players we have out and our poor record against other potential top 4 teams this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    You would have to think that is highly unlikely considering the players we have out and our poor record against other potential top 4 teams this year.
    The only poor form was against the Saints ie in the top 4, and Carlton in the bottom 4

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

The only poor form was against the Saints ie in the top 4, and Carlton in the bottom 4
    We will have 3 very good players & our developing CHB out, we are up against it.

Post Thanks / Like

That also seemed to be the mood before we played St Kilda for the second time

Post Thanks / Like

We will have 3 very good players & our developing CHB out, we are up against it.
    Your not very confident Mantis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    That also seemed to be the mood before we played St Kilda for the second time
    Not really, we weren't even close to the Saints the first time.

Post Thanks / Like

Your not very confident Mantis.
    No I'm not, I don't think I have any reason to be.

Post Thanks / Like

No I'm not, I don't think I have any reason to be.
    Would you put stolen money on us?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Would you put stolen money on us?
    In hindsight I should have placed that on WC.

Post Thanks / Like

We were probably too tall this week with Williams in the side anyway. They have a lot of players out themselves and more out of form or returning from injury. They haven't won by more than a goal since round 16 include a big loss to Carlton and almost losing to the bottom 8 Sydney in the last 2 weeks

Johnno and Aker are in great form, Minson held a few grabs last week, Higgins coming back will add a lot of forward 50 marks and class, Eagle and Gilbee are getting dangerous again, Hill is playing better up the ground, Murphy will improve after a good return excluding his kicking

Our rucks are better than theirs, Cooney has some zip back and Ward and Picken have more games under their belts than they did in round 9 when they showed they could match it with the Cats' midfield

We match up well in the backline with Hargrave back who we were missing last time around, Byrnes will be in meaning a better matchup for Harbrow, and we can exploit Hawkins' lack of mobility with Lake

We are coming off perhaps our best win of the year interstate against the 5th placed side missing the same players (excl Williams for Higgins). We started well, were more patient going forward and our struggling players in recent weeks (Eagle, Hill, Gilbee, Welsh, Hahn) found form

I think there is some cause for optimism this week
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff