Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: James Fantasia on radio

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Has Croad retired? I wonder if the rabble state of their backline may force some sense into them?
    I was told at the start of the year the Croad will never play again, due to his injury.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsimmo View Post
    Lake will stay you can bet your house on it. I am more concerned about Reid and GOK moving on at the end of the year and becoming very good footballers at other clubs. Despite the knock on GOK it dosn't reflect well on our footy club that we haven't been able to sort it out.
    I wish I had your confidence. What is behind your belief that Lake will stay?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I wish I had your confidence. What is behind your belief that Lake will stay?
    He is too valuable to let go, the dogs will get the deal done

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Has Croad retired? I wonder if the rabble state of their backline may force some sense into them?
    Their backline is pretty bad.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Roughead is one of their most important players. I doubt it'd be logical for them to trade Roughy. He's a gun KPF and when they are up and running, the duo of Roughy/Franklin is the best in the comp by a country mile. Not many sides have a two star KPF attack. They'll trouble sides for the next 8+ years.

Plus, Roughead can play CHB and has often given the Hawks stints in the ruck.

He may not be their best player, but he's probably their second or third most important IMO.

From a Bulldogs perspective, a Roughead/Lake trade would be fair.

Post Thanks / Like

Getting tired of the constant Lake contract talk,he's one of MANY uncontracted players managers are testing the waters out. SEN is just on 24 hour Lake talk It's becoming tedious

bold-dogg Guest

Lake will stay you can bet your house on it. I am more concerned about Reid and GOK moving on at the end of the year and becoming very good footballers at other clubs. Despite the knock on GOK it dosn't reflect well on our footy club that we haven't been able to sort it out.
    $. We can't afford to lose Brian Lake, which probably means we can't afford to keep
    Reid and GOK. It's just a guess, but I suspect we've got salary cap issues because we've got a mature team - a lot of players on senior salaries. Hope I'm wrong, but we might have to cut into the list deeper than is desirable. I'm with you, I really hope we keep those two players, too.

Post Thanks / Like

More concerned about two kids who haven't done a thing than the best full-back at the club in my lifetime?

Wow.

If Lake is offered enough money he will leave...he didn't want to extend at the end of last year for a reason - he wanted to play and boost his market value. He has done that (and then some). He will be one of (if not the) most sought after out of contract player during the trade period.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope that Lake does not go. he makes such a big difference to our side. Pay the man I say.

I am concern that contract talks with the club and Lake has been deferred to he end of the season. Lets sign the players before the finals to have club synergy, and win the next flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    I hope that Lake does not go. he makes such a big difference to our side. Pay the man I say.

I am concern that contract talks with the club and Lake has been deferred to he end of the season. Lets sign the players before the finals to have club synergy, and win the next flag.
    We don't have any room in our salary cap to pay him more.

If it comes down to a $'s issue Lake will leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Who says Ried is going and without playing a game yet how can you say GOK is a very good footballer?
    He is hardly the first footballer to be delisted/traded without playing a senior game.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Who says Ried is going and without playing a game yet how can you say GOK is a very good footballer?
    He is hardly the first footballer to be delisted/traded without playing a senior game.
    I said that I am more worried about Reid and GOK going THEN becoming good footballers at rival clubs not that they are good footballers now. I am not worried about losing Lake because I don't think he will go.

Post Thanks / Like

I said that I am more worried about Reid and GOK going THEN becoming good footballers at rival clubs not that they are good footballers now. I am not worried about losing Lake because I don't think he will go.
    Well who says Ried is going then and what makes you believe GOK will become a very good footballer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    Well who says Ried is going then and what makes you believe GOK will become a very good footballer?
    I didn't say Reid was going, I said I was worried about Reid going (I don't believe he is contracted for next year), in terms of GOK the point is we don't know if he will be a good footballer at AFL level because we haven't given him a go. What we do know is that GOK is better than most at VFL level.

Post Thanks / Like

Lake wont leave - he will stay true to the Dogs and will get a good pay increase that he deserves. The media is beating this up and his manager is also doing a good job to ensure that he does get the good pay increase that he deserves...