Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Celebrity Spotting

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Celebrities? That guy off Neighbours who is a mad Bulldogs fan has been on level 1 a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by GoDoggies View Post
    Do you mean Jesse Spencer, also from House MD?
    Or Scott Major (Lucas on Neighbours now)...hes also a Bulldog fan,and is at games.

Have aslo seen Chris Ansty at games, hes pretty easy to spot...his height is a giveaway...

Post Thanks / Like

Business trips, gotta love 'em.

I managed to be on the same plane as the majority of the team on their way back from Adelaide this year, I was behind Picken with Tom Williams and next to him and across the aisle next to me was the bald Eagle. I had a wander after the meal and Aker nearly talked my ear off, Crossy had a good chat too.

Two weeks ago, I was in the Melbourne airport at the Coffee shop drinking my hot chocolate next to Cometti, I really wanted to ask him how his coffee was...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    I really wanted to ask him how his coffee was...
    I reckon he'd say it was half man half cappuccino.

Post Thanks / Like

Seen Swervin' Mervin' (Merv Hughes) on Level 2 a few times - appears to sit on Level 2, around near the cheer squad end

Not been game to say hi... don't want my ear licked!!

Post Thanks / Like

2004 was lucky enough to get tickets to a president's dinner at a dogs v pies game
    sat on the same table as campbell rose and eddie macquire and david smorgan.
    Great night, only bad thing, dogs lost (N)

Post Thanks / Like

Probably not quite celebrity, but Tom Harley and Steve Johnson walked past where I was standing (behind entrance to Aisle 5) on Friday night - and I use the term walking for Johnson very loosely - he was barely able to get a shuffle up - I'd suggest he's going to struggle to get up and play reasonable footy for the remainder of the year based on that (though Mark Thompson does say he walks like a 'crab')
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

I thought I spotted Rocket up here in Brissy last weekend.
    He was in the cafe I was walking into to grab a coffee.
    As I got closer I was thinking "is that Rocket, nah, wait is it?"
    I started getting a bit nervous.
    Then I when I got close enough I realised it wasn't him.

On my way out I looked again just to be sure, and I started to think, what would I even say.
    I came up with this:

"Hey um Rocket, big fan, love the dogs, could you please give me a spray"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furtanken View Post
    On my way out I looked again just to be sure, and I started to think, what would I even say.
    I came up with this:

"Hey um Rocket, big fan, love the dogs, could you please give me a spray"
    Haha. I wouldn't want one. "WHAT THE **** WAS THAT"?!?!

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see many celebs up in the cheap seats for some reason. Did sit near William McInnes a few years back who I know is a big doggies supporter.

Laurie Lawrence sat behind me one time, unfortunately he didn't go nuts 88 olympics style.

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter sat next to Henry White on Friday night. Doesn't get any bigger than that

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Jones View Post
    Damn, I was going to say firstdog too. He ditched his group for mine because I could sneak him into the reserved seat section on level 2. He left us at half time before returning again for the fourth quarter. We dominated all the quarters in which we were sitting together and got owned when we were apart. Perhaps we need to sit together for the good of the team.
    Yes he stirred up the ferral Geelong supporters behind us with his disbelieving eyes after their innane comments about how the umpires are cheats. Then he left us after he successfully stirred up the hornets nest to a disturbing level. It was very enjoyable winning and sticking my fist up while looking at them though.

Celebrity spotting.....Seen a few this year. Seymour usually sits tv side level 3. obviously a keen dogs fan. Megan Gale and that bloke she's with at the captains bar was another.

i believe i even saw twodogs a few weeks back but i must of been imagining things as when i turned around at half time he was gone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MinsonWill View Post
    Seen Swervin' Mervin' (Merv Hughes) on Level 2 a few times - appears to sit on Level 2, around near the cheer squad end

Not been game to say hi... don't want my ear licked!!
    Nah you'd be right, he only licked Alan Borders ears for memory.

He came to our cricket training one time, and have a chat in the rooms afterwards, a top bloke big Merv, would be awesome to be on tour in his group during the Ashes, along with Kerry O'Keefe.

I saw Drew Morphett in Pakenham, he apparently lives around that area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I don't see many celebs up in the cheap seats for some reason. Did sit near William McInnes a few years back who I know is a big doggies supporter.

Laurie Lawrence sat behind me one time, unfortunately he didn't go nuts 88 olympics style.

McInnes is a top bloke. He lives in the same street as me, not far from the Whitten Oval.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

After enjoying the win last night on Level 2, section N53 (great views of the ground, by the way!)... I was on my way out, waiting for the lift downstairs...and who should get priority access? None other than K-Rudd's 2IC, Julia Gillard. Almost gave her the standard "TAKE THE BLOODY STAIRS YOU LAZY !I*#($ ... but managed to restrain myself. Had to bloody wait though...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    After enjoying the win last night on Level 2, section N53 (great views of the ground, by the way!)... I was on my way out, waiting for the lift downstairs...and who should get priority access? None other than K-Rudd's 2IC, Julia Gillard. Almost gave her the standard "TAKE THE BLOODY STAIRS YOU LAZY !I*#($ ... but managed to restrain myself. Had to bloody wait though...
    Love Julia and she is a great supporter of the club
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.