Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Umpiring Whinge Thread - Say it and feel better

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    They can sook all they want but AFEL House is predictably doubling down on this ...

Look at Bont and Naughton's faces here and try not to giggle. It's impossible.
    Bont laughing himself silly and affectionately patting Sicily on the head was my second favourite image of the match.

I'm sick of Sicily's action being referred to as a 'push' simply because it was with an open hand.

He STRUCK Schache's chest with an open palm. We (most here know I'm a serving Police Officer) get trained to use open hand strikes, and in a close quarter scrap they are a better defensive option than a punch as the level of force is still there but you're at far less risk of injuring yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    He STRUCK Schache's chest with an open palm. We (most here know I'm a serving Police Officer) get trained to use open hand strikes, and in a close quarter scrap they are a better defensive option than a punch as the level of force is still there but you're at far less risk of injuring yourself.
    Actually the umpire claims he saw a clenched fist.

I know I wouldn't want to be hit by those guys open or clenched hand, it would hurt. It's not being tough, it is just a waste of energy and looks bad for the game.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Bont laughing himself silly and affectionately patting Sicily on the head was my second favourite image of the match.

I'm sick of Sicily's action being referred to as a 'push' simply because it was with an open hand.

Yep, Ive broken a knuckle punching someone. It really hurt.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Double
    Last edited by bornadog; 05-09-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Following on from last nights game, someone has gone to alot of trouble.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

About a year after, I went through the 2016 GF to assess all calls and potential non-calls. A year later removed any bias. Swans should have had more calls. But so should have we. In fact, the differential should have been greater. We were simply all over them and often first to the ball.

Post Thanks / Like

I just find it nice being on the other side of the whinge about umpiring. Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves.

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Aside from obvious howlers I pay not much mind to the umpires and I find it's the best way to watch footy.

Unless it's the Ray Chamberlain show and I'm ablaze with great vengeance and furious anger.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Mitch Robinson having a passive-aggressive hissy fit on social media. Love to see it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I mean, which calls are all these sooks complaining about? Because I guarantee I’ll match them and some with calls we were hard done by. But of course that’s overlooked.

My concern is how one way it’ll be next week. We’ll be up against it. Power, crowd and umps.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Mitch Robinson having a passive-aggressive hissy fit on social media. Love to see it.
    Maybe he should’ve played better. But that list ain’t going anywhere if the loss is about umpiring. Plenty of other things he should be focusing on, that’s within his control and the teams control.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

This talk of Mitch Robinson is just reminding me of Naughts huge pack crash that nearly killed him. Was an important moment from Naughts.

15. Likes EasternWest liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I don’t he’s agreed with any free kick paid against him ever.. so not sure he’ll start now.

The only one they got wrong was the HTB they should’ve been paid against Dale, but he did cop a knee in the back/side and Rich held it in, but he did dive on it… but instead we scored a goal from the next piece of play so it wasn’t all that costly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I don’t he’s agreed with any free kick paid against him ever.. so not sure he’ll start now.

The only one they got wrong was the HTB they should’ve been paid against Dale, but he did cop a knee in the back/side and Rich held it in, but he did dive on it… but instead we scored a goal from the next piece of play so it wasn’t all that costly.
    Yeah, the Dale one was the worst non-call of the night. I was spitting chips waiting for the inevitable call to come and when it didn't, let out a shocked expletive.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.