Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Only mystery is how Bulldogs gots so close to Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Geelong.

Their best players played well and our best players played poorly yet they still only beat us by 14 points. They were absolutely ripe for the picking and we didn't take our chance.

We really blew this one.
    That's about it right there.

The reason we got so close is that Geelong really aren't that great. They were very poor in the 2nd and 4th quarters. Their first quarter was top notch and they hammered us for 10 minutes in the 3rd quarter. Super disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    I just reckon its too simplistic to say we're better or worse dependent upon whether we win or lose a Prelim.
    Agree with this, but I'll still be disappointed if we don't get into the Granny, because we've shown at times this year that can put it all together (the Cats played better than us, but we should've done better).

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: Only mystery is how Bulldogs gots so close to Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    They were absolutely ripe for the picking and we didn't take our chance.

We really blew this one.
    Spot on Mantis couldn't agree anymore.

That was the our big chance & we just didn't work hard enough. I was so gutted with that performance particularly that 1st quarter, where was that intensity we had 2 weeks ago?

I just get annoyed when i read in the paper "we're going to bring that pressure this week"
    what a load of crap where was it when it mattered most.

Post Thanks / Like

Our boys just need to realise that finals football is different to the regular season, in the fact that the intensity of the game increases significantly

Geelong kew this, and lifted their intensity in all areas, whereas we didnt

Hawthorn and Geelong did this to us last year, and against quality opposition we cant affoard to not lift our intensity

If we dont lift our game, we will prove to the world that wankers like Grant Thomas are correct, that we are mentally weak

Intensity comes more from above the shoulders than it comes from below