Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carlton Blues eyeing Andrejs Everitt in trade deal with Bulldogs

Greg Denham | September 18, 2009

CARLTON is optimistic about its chances of recruiting out-of-favour Western Bulldogs flanker Andrejs Everitt during next month's trade week.

The contracted Everitt, who is in his third season after being a first-round national draft in 2006, is understood to have been offered up to the Blues in exchange for a draft selection, and possibly a player.

Carlton chief executive Greg Swan confirmed yesterday his club's interest in the younger brother of recently retired ruckman Peter Everitt, but declared the Blues would not part with its first-round pick, No11 overall.

To clinch the deal, Swan said the Blues would be prepared to part with a second-round selection, which stands at No27 before the player-exchange period, which begins on October 5.

Everitt appears certain to miss finals action two years in a row after so far being overlooked again this season.

Article in full...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carlton Blues eyeing Andrejs Everitt in trade deal with Bulldogs

I'm not sure of the validity of this but it makes for a fascinating trade week.
    Is the primary reason for an Everitt departure because we looking for a way to squeeze Hall into the side or is it mainly driven by Everitt's desire to play regular senior football?

Time will tell I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like

I do not understand why we would do this trade. He we our first draft. A tall play that we are short of.
    Still contracted. In a shallow draft (as they say) tall players are in demand.
    Hope it is only a ploy to fire up Everitt for next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Didn't he sign a contract extension not long back?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-BONE View Post
    I do not understand why we would do this trade. He we our first draft. A tall play that we are short of.
    Still contracted. In a shallow draft (as they say) tall players are in demand.
    Hope it is only a ploy to fire up Everitt for next year.
    Whilst it does seem strange with the Gold Coast side coming into the competition soon, if there is any chance this speculation is correct it's better to get something of value now for Everitt than potentially lose him for nothing next year.

I doubt we would want to trade him but there might be a bigger picture to consider here.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks GVGjr
    He is contracted to the end of 2011. Bulldogs has trained him up for the last 3 years, then trade for an 18 yrs old.
    The article did say that the club offered him for trade.
    Let see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like

We're not really in a position to expect alot for him.

He was a first round choice who has rarely played in the seniors for 2 years. A bit hard to expect a first round pick/player in return I think.

Post Thanks / Like

It would be silly to trade him now. Must at least keep him for 1 more year and see how it goes. At worst we can trade next year when GC is around. I'm fairly sure that CLayton would be interested.

Post Thanks / Like

We gave him the No. 3 cause we thought he'd be a star.

I don't see what's changed. He's a tall guy still developing. He was good in Rd 22 and I wouldn't be surpirsed if he played most games next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    We're not really in a position to expect alot for him.

He was a first round choice who has rarely played in the seniors for 2 years. A bit hard to expect a first round pick/player in return I think.
    A late second round pick in this draft is way under the odds for a key position-ish type player who has shown glimpses in the past and is about to enter a pre-season injury free.

Plus, he's contracted into the 2011 season, so we'll still be in a position to trade him if he struggles next year - hopefully we can snag one of the GC's litany of good picks.

He could potentially explode next year after a couple of seasons in the system - I'd hate it to be with Carlton, whilst we're left with a marginal kid who may have been a third round pick in previous years.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Hairy Albert Guest

No deal !!!

Post Thanks / Like

After watching some of his efforts against Collingwood in the VFL, i would take pick 27 and run.

Post Thanks / Like

He will have far greater currency next year given the GC involvement which will force clubs to look more keenly at trades.

More importantly, I wouldn't be writing him off just yet

Given the right position, I still think he can become a good player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    We gave him the No. 3 cause we thought he'd be a star.

I don't see what's changed. He's a tall guy still developing. He was good in Rd 22 and I wouldn't be surpirsed if he played most games next year.
    I agree, he is still a kid at age 20 and we would be taking a risk to get an unknown at pick 27. At 193cm, has shown ability and will mature over the next couple of years.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 27 is no deal. Close perhaps, but it needs to be higher than that. If they put in a ruckman and pick 27, i might reconsider the deal.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023