Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    cambo Guest

Re: 2010 Starts Tomorrow

so so proud what an effort, when are the football gods gonna be on our side??? absouletly devastated

Post Thanks / Like

Easy to bag the umpires when looking for an escape route for such disappointment but really they did not ref the game any different from any other match I've seen this year. Saints def on the side of the questionable decisions but I thought they let it go in the last quarter.

While some mistakes were made at crucial times every single player played their guts out tonight, alas, it just wasn't meant to be. Well done to the Saints, they were fortunate and I hate them, but not as much as I hate whoever they will be playing nest week. Well done again Doggies 2009, you really gave it everything and it could have gone either way.

Post Thanks / Like

Unbelievable effort.

When we got behind in that 3rd Q by two goals it looked like they were going to blow the game apart.
    Massive ticker to fight back and take the lead.

Just did not take our chances.

We controlled the game for the fist half of the last quarter. We were four points up and just needed another goal to reward our domination. Gilbee had that chance. You would back him in every single time, but he missed.

Gia missed by the smallest of margins but in hindsight, should have found Aker who was loose.

How?

Gutted. Gutted. Gutted.

Was there in 85.

Was there in 92.

Was there in 97.

Was there in 98.

Was there in 08.

Was there in 09.

Proud to be Dogs member tonight, but gutted.

Gutted.

Gutted.

1.4 to 2.0 in the last quarter.

57 to 40 inside 50s.

We should have won. We didn't win.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not interested in 2010.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

I love this club and the boys they put it all on the line tonight. In saying that I'm completely numb, heartbreaking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I am not interested in 2010.
    Feel the same way, but I know that hunger will role back round again sooner then later.

Post Thanks / Like

Back luck. Like everyone I am disappointed, but tears haven't come as yet and probably wont this time.

Still proud and love them.

We had our chances. Especially in the 1st quarter and the misses we had in the last.

The same thing we have been saying all year - missing goal and leaving the square empty came back to bite us.

That being said:

St Kilda will do even better next week if they take the same scumpires into the shame final.

I am the first to admit we could have done it - but by God - we were crucified at times and when it mattered the most.

Sometimes it is not what you are not paid but where and when it is paid.

Any way 2010 is a new year and we can start again. Have a mini clean out and try our best to go one step further next year.
    I bleed Red,White & Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by optimistic doggie View Post
    I have just joined WOOF... long term guest....I have never cried over a football game before... tonight is a first....I cannot find the words to express how upset, frustrated and despondent I am right now....I know we can take heart with areas of our performance, I am so proud of so many things our boys do....but I can't believe our luck... our seemingly unending small misfortunes... bad bounces... bad umpire decisions... line ball calls...kicks at goal that seem to sway left or right just at the end.... Please please please...someone tell me that this never ending heartbreak of "so close" prelims does have a end date???? please....????
    Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    I just don't know what to say, except that now I know what what 1997 must have felt like.

I honestly didn't think we had a chance, watched a live net feed and was utterly pumped after that great start.

But now I'm physically and psychologically lost - I just feel really strange as if I've died but I'm still slowly moving through the world of the living but don't belong there.

God knows how the poor players feel - I really hope we are above attacking anyone tonight.

They all played their guys out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Yep, bring on Bazza.

I'm still so, so proud of the boys. Griff and Gilbs...must be heart breaking year for them particularly.

Next year, we WILL be the number one team in the league.
    Devasted.

We beat them in nearly every facet of the game. One of the toughest games of footy I have EVER seen in the last qtr.

Sorry Johno, you did all you could. Mitch and Jarrod too.

Griff, Coons and Gia, I love you guys and saw you crying fter the game and i know why, because you had your chances to make history.

The umps were sh!t but we were better than them.

Now, bye Eagle and Welsh, keep hold of Lake first, then Aker. Johno will play again. Next year, what might have been again but I believe it.

I hope saints win the flag this year because the next 2 are ours, many players to fill the 2 spots.

Barry Hall to shepherd Roughy, Cordy and Grant towards successive premierships.

So hard to get there, so hard to win a flag.

So hard to come so close.

My dream of Johno holding the cup is not over yet.

I love the western bulldogs.

Post Thanks / Like

I mustn't have a heart. I didn't cry at all. Wasn't even that upset. I went into the game expecting the Saints to win. Realistically, they were always going to. I was hoping for a great effort from the boys and we got it. I was furious at that Riewoldt gift though. Changed the game completely.

I think I'm too young to appreciate how rare GF chances are. Walking out of the 'G all of the adults were crying and the kids were smiling. Maybe I'm taking it for granted, I dunno.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hill Show View Post
    I mustn't have a heart. I didn't cry at all. Wasn't even that upset. I went into the game expecting the Saints to win. Realistically, they were always going to. I was hoping for a great effort from the boys and we got it. I was furious at that Riewoldt gift though. Changed the game completely.

I think I'm too young to appreciate how rare GF chances are. Walking out of the 'G all of the adults were crying and the kids were smiling. Maybe I'm taking it for granted, I dunno.
    Yes, you are.

I'm sick of the same old crap. Why are we so cursed in preliminary finals?

I feel sick.

I can't believe it happened again.

F### this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yes, you are.

I'm sick of the same old crap. Why are we so cursed in preliminary finals?

I feel sick.

I can't believe it happened again.

F### this.
    Feel like throwing up.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm taking it for granted, I dunno.
    Yep - you are.

This side will NEVER be together again. And we will never have another chance to play in the 2009 grand final. Opportunity is based on a time and a place - we can't turn up tomorrow and hope for another chance. It is gone - the season is over and it will be a changing of the guard.

55 years just became 56 at best - and we have now lost six...count them, six - preliminary finals in my lifetime. After 98 I thought we would be back again in 99 - footy doesn't work that way. You take your chance or you go to the back of the line...we now have to start again and the players have to go through 6 months of torture (pre-season) + 25 weeks of good form and good fortune just to get to where we were at 7:30pm tonight...it doesn't just happen.

I know the players are feeling it more than me, but if you think it is easy to turn the page over to chapter 2010 then I have another point of view.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

When you have been a Bulldogs supporter for 37 years it hurts. My Uncles have been Bulldogs supporters for nearly 60 years. They are not smiling. If you are young that's great, enjoy, we are playing good football at present but it won't last, so enjoy it while you can, you will feel the same pain if the Bulldogs do not win a flag for the next 30 years of your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm heartbroken and gutted but immensely proud of the way we played. We dispelled a few myths tonight about the character of this team.
    Damn Straight. I own up to being one amongst us who thought that there was a sizeable gap between our best and the Saints. Oh how wrong I was.
    Tonights effort has made me feel mightily ashamed of myself. They gave their all and but for some luck (or lack thereof) showed that this group is good enough not just to challenge but to win against the very best.

frank863 Guest

Im absolutely gutted, but really proud of the team tonight. They really left nothing in the tank and played their hearts out.

I will say that i am really looking forward to 2010, but reality is that i am just so shattered by how that ended tonight and need a bit of time before i start looking forward to the next season.

Our time will be very soon....