Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Welsh & Eagleton

We need move some of these guys on, purely to get god quality games into our quality young players. We'll never fill that void in the team if we don't push the tall young guys in and keep blooding players.

I think they've all been great for our club in their time here. Massive respect for Aker and Eagle in particular - one of them might be worth keeping on. Welsh was good value but we need to get someone in that will be there over the next 3-5 years at least. I certain an Everitt or someone could have had as much of an impact tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, we need to make some room, thanks to both for their contribution, particularly Nathan. Congrats on fine careers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by carnascray View Post
    If you take out Welsh, Eagleton, possibly Aker, you have about an 80-goal hole to fill to ensure we go top 4 again.
    50 Goals from Hall?

2 players would be needing to 15 goals each - easy.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Eagle: Every time I want this guys blood he'll come out the next week and kicks a bag of rippers. But it's getting few and far between. Last night was the straw when I once again saw him deliver a hand pass then fail to shepard the opposition. He's turning into a spectator when he doesn't have the ball.

Welsh: A little lost in the last half of the year, but I think he has something that the team can work with for one more year. Especially if a Hall / Lloyd comes to the club, Welsh would have that little more inexperienced defender on him??????

Post Thanks / Like

In my view Welsh has done nothing in the 2008 and 2009 finals series and his continual selection late in this season was an abject mistake. His stats and game winning abilities are nowhere near those of Aker. Eagleton had a very good season and everyone is entitled to a downer occasionally.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westbulldog View Post
    In my view Welsh has done nothing in the 2008 and 2009 finals series and his continual selection late in this season was an abject mistake. His stats and game winning abilities are nowhere near those of Aker. Eagleton had a very good season and everyone is entitled to a downer occasionally.
    Eagleton is a gut running outside, long kicking wingman. He kicked 3 goals against the Lions, and played a decent game against Collingwood. If he could deliver to a tall marking fwd, who can knows how to bring the ball down to our crumbers, then he is worth keeping. Who else do we have in the wings to replace his ability ? Gilbee looks like being groomed for this role, but I don't think he has the enginer.

Maybe Eade shold have dropped him a couple of times this year, to blood youngster, and give Eagleton a message.

Welsh is gone. Too slow. Adds very little in the backline, and did not kick enough goals this year. Come finals he just does not give us anything.

I really think Aker should have been rested in a few games this year to keep him fresh.

Lynch- 2 years, and not one game. Can't cut it then get rid of him.

What do we do with Tiller, Addison, and Callan? Are they contesting the one position on our team? Tiller has been tried fwd, and back. He leads well, and I have seen in games team mates not honoring his lead.

Someone, please, please Teach Minson to mark, and bring the ball down space in favour of our crumbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Both Welsh and Fumbleton to go .. lets us down against the good sides time after time... can't win a flag with these guys

Post Thanks / Like

If you're either of these boys, and please be sensible, would you go into Tuesday's season de-breifs asking for another year or tell the playing group today you retire over Mad Sunday drinks?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If you're either of these boys, and please be sensible, would you go into Tuesday's season de-breifs asking for another year or tell the playing group today you retire over Mad Sunday drinks?
    I think Welsh might know it's time.

I've got a feeling that Eagleton will ask for another year and put the onus back on the list management crew to make the hard (but correct) decision to move him on.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I think Welsh might know it's time.

I've got a feeling that Eagleton will ask for another year and put the onus back on the list management crew to make the hard (but correct) decision to move him on.
    Same here, because i think Eagle is entitled to at least ask the question for his service and Welsh can go out on a two-day bender! I just hope if Eagle gets the 'no', the club can allow him to leave with the appearance of a graceful retirement.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Welsh to go gracefully into retirement running a pub in Williamstown.

Eagle only stays on a heavily reduced, performance-based contract. Otherwise, thanks for your long-standing services, please collect your gold watch at reception. We've lined up a gig for you as 'Sneezy' in the new Disney remake of Snow White.

Post Thanks / Like

I would thank Scott Welsh for his services since he has been with the Club and delist him.
    I would keep Nathan Eagleton on a reduced payment 1 year contract. He has had a good year overall.

Post Thanks / Like

I have something nagging me that says (I can't believe I am saying this) Ego gets a one year deal performance based. Welsh must go A handy pickup but the game has passed him by thanks Scott for your contribution.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

I would retire both, I think it's time we blood a few more kids. I'm not the biggest fan of Eagle, but I'd like to see him get a go at another club. Has been a fantastic servant and I am sorry for bagging you so much Nathan.