Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: So Proud. So Gutted.

Have taken until today to have a look at the WOOF forum. I too, was shattered and took yesterday to lick my wounds and have a day of mourning. But I am also proud, so proud that right from the first bounce, the boys were there to play, putting their bodies on the line. Showing tremendous courage, and I believe, the best side on the night - we just couldn't put scoreboard pressure on them. We all know there were a few questionable umpiring decisions, and whilst I'm not blaming them, some do in the heat of battle, turn a game around.

Leaving the ground on Friday night I was in shock almost. I was numb, yesterday I felt it more. Today, whilst still gutted, I realise just how much I love my team. I know we keep saying it, but we improved from last year, and now, I wait for next year! Bring it on!

Post Thanks / Like

We failed. Simple as that. Too many blokes with below par performances. Some guys played extremely well, some didn't cope. How the playing group responds to such a gut-wrenching loss next year will be interesting.

Gutted.

Post Thanks / Like

Very proud of the players from my football team. Very inconsolable about the final result.

Post Thanks / Like

Not good enough. We were the better team BY FAR on the night, yet failed to win another prelim. Guys missed the open shots -- Griff two in the first quarter, Gia in the last two minutes to win the game.

I'm proud of the effort, but bloody pissed at the lack of composure and belief that they were FAR better than the Saints. No doubt, we should have pummeled them, but we were so scared we were happy to be one, two points ahead when we should have been five, six goals up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    To me none at all. I support the bulldogs not the game.

Lose by 1, 7 or 100 is all the same loss to me. Take an ugly win everytime.
    I can't believe you've really thought about this. We'd all take an ugly win but that's not the issue; are you saying it makes no difference to you whether we give a good account of ourselves or just show no fight? Give me the fight any day because it's essential to success, just turning up is not.

I'm gutted too, but I'm not blind to the enormous effort they put in, nor am I blind to the fact that the players will be hurting even more and have earned our support and our respect .. and no I'm not accepting mediocrity, there was no sign of that last Friday.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alwaysadog View Post
    I can't believe you've really thought about this. We'd all take an ugly win but that's not the issue; are you saying it makes no difference to you whether we give a good account of ourselves or just show no fight? Give me the fight any day because it's essential to success, just turning up is not.

I'm gutted too, but I'm not blind to the enormous effort they put in, nor am I blind to the fact that the players will be hurting even more and have earned our support and our respect .. and no I'm not accepting mediocrity, there was no sign of that last Friday.
    ??? Thanks for waking up 3 days later.
    My original statement was not sure how Friday's game made me any more proud being a bulldog fan. We played well, big deal since we lost.
    I was then asked if I take any solace in it being a good game.
    Do you have a problem?

Post Thanks / Like

??? Thanks for waking up 3 days later.
    My original statement was not sure how Friday's game made me any more proud being a bulldog fan. We played well, big deal since we lost.
    I was then asked if I take any solace in it being a good game.
    Do you have a problem?
    Well Ernie I have stated before that I respect what you post so I was waiting for you to clarify the post I quoted not your earlier ones.

Are you seriously suggesting that you have no interest in us playing well?

Just repeating it doesn't make it more sensible IMHO.
    Last edited by alwaysadog; 23-09-2009 at 02:15 AM.
    I believe there's nothing on this earth that we own. All we do is look after it for our children - Terry Wheeler

Post Thanks / Like

Well Ernie I have stated before that I respect what you post so I was waiting for you to clarify the post I quoted not your earlier ones.

Are you seriously suggesting that you have no interest in us playing well?

Just repeating it doesn't make it anymore sensible IMHO.
    Where did I write that and how did you come to that conclusion?

Again I'll state it for you, Friday's performance did not make me any prouder.

Post Thanks / Like

Lose by 1, 7 or 100 is all the same loss to me.

We played well, big deal since we lost.
    ????

Post Thanks / Like

????
    How does that say I have no interest in us playing well?

I wanted us to win, it doesn't matter how.

Think you are reading into it too much.

Post Thanks / Like

How does that say I have no interest in us playing well?

I wanted us to win, it doesn't matter how.

Think you are reading into it too much.
    No perhaps you are not careful with your words.

If I was a black and white filth supporter I would have difficulty having any respect let alone pride with their 3rd and 4th quarter effort, while I don't know if my pride increased. I do know that it was not diminished and the reason is because we fought like hell the whole way, but that doesn't seem to matter to you a loss by 100 or 1 point is all the same.

Sorry Ernie, but I don't think it makes a lot of sense.

Post Thanks / Like

No perhaps you are not careful with your words.

If I was a black and white filth supporter I would have difficulty having any respect let alone pride with their 3rd and 4th quarter effort, while I don't know if my pride increased. I do know that it was not diminished and the reason is because we fought like hell the whole way, but that doesn't seem to matter to you a loss by 100 or 1 point is all the same.

Sorry Ernie, but I don't think it makes a lot of sense.
    Well you are the only one that questioned it, 3 days later.
    In order of priorities, winning to me and I believe most supporters is no.1. Whether we played well or not doesn't come close.

Post Thanks / Like

I've seen us lose 6 prelims since 1985 - by the length of the Flemington Straight the easiest ones to cope with have been 1992 and 1998, when in both matches we were hammered by a better team and raised the white flag well before the finish. The other 4 have been much, much harder to take because we were in all of them up to our eyeballs halfway through the last qtr. I know which group supporters out of the filth and the Dogs would currently be feeling less gutted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I've seen us lose 6 prelims since 1985 - by the length of the Flemington Straight the easiest ones to cope with have been 1992 and 1998, when in both matches we were hammered by a better team and raised the white flag well before the finish. The other 4 have been much, much harder to take because we were in all of them up to our eyeballs halfway through the last qtr. I know which group supporters out of the filth and the Dogs would currently be feeling less gutted.
    I am sooooo thankfull I missed 97 but as much as i was gutted the last couple of years and iy is a lot harder to get over I would not want to be in the filths shoes as both 93 and 99 we went backwards big time! I think we all have a lot to look forward to not only next year but the next 4 or 5 years I may not get over friday untill we win the flag but at least I know we are in for a show next year.
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I have to agree, I still have not gotten over 1997, luckily I missed Fridays game, so don't have one single memory of it, although I do feel the pain just by reading all the posts on WOOF.