Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Akermanis

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Akermanis

We would be crazy to not have Aker play on next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    Aker admitted he stuffed up on kicking out of bounds on propose, he had 2 players in the corridor and didn't look and see them.

Not just Aker but it also happened a couple of times were players were free in the middle and we didn't look inboard and kicked to a contest down field.
    My problem isn't with the free kick, I agree it was there to be paid. My question has to do with the interpretation of the actual rule in general.

My questions is, should a player who gains 50 metres for his side be penalised for deliberate out of bounds despite making up so much ground.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
    My problem isn't with the free kick, I agree it was there to be paid. My question has to do with the interpretation of the actual rule in general.

My questions is, should a player who gains 50 metres for his side be penalised for deliberate out of bounds despite making up so much ground.
    I suppose it all comes under that ruling of time wasting, the game has evolved into a high scoring fast flowing game, which hinders any defensive tactics. I think if you kick it 50 metres down field it should be more of clearing the zone and regrouping tactic and providing you clear it far enough it shouldn't be penalised. But that's not how the AFL want the game to run.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

bulldog Guest

Aker must play on though i foundthis odd Aker has a book coming out in November called After the siren google it and see what it says hopefully it was done ages ago as he def has another season in hime.

Post Thanks / Like

IMO we would have finished 5-8 rather than in the top 4 had it not been for Aker's influence in quite a few games. 10 Brownlow medal votes was testament to his abilities. I hope he plays on in 2010.