Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Draft Pick 15 - What to do?

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_west View Post
    As long as we don't go for a speculative pick with an early selection,

Take a risk with later picks, but not with the top 20/30 please.
    Agreed

At 15 we shouldn't be punting, save that for the 3rd/4th rounder

Post Thanks / Like

Whether the Club is willing to give up its number one draft pick is certainly a good topic for debate. However I like the idea that the Club lets it be known that it is available for the right player. It gives all player's managers out there and other Clubs the incentive of dealing with us.
    If we don't get the player that the Club deems is worthy of that pick we have lost nothing. At least the Club can consider all offers that come in. We just might be lucky!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Agreed

At 15 we shouldn't be punting, save that for the 3rd/4th rounder
    In this draft, most 3rd and 4th round picks will be punts.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Question to Sockeye, GVGjr, Comrade & Mantis,
    do you rate Walker?
    If we had to give away our pick 15 for get him, would you do it?
    Reasons For or Against.
    I really like they way he reads the play and can turn a defender inside out, has a great side step. He certainly knows where the goals are, Morris can attest to that!
    He is not a crash and bash forward but neither is Bradshaw and we would like him at the Dogs. The added bonus is that he has played some quality games of senior footy in his short career, he has alot of improvement in him IMHO.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    do you rate Walker?
    Reasons For or Against.
    I really like they way he reads the play and can turn a defender inside out, has a great side step. He certainly knows where the goals are, Morris can attest to that!
    He is not a crash and bash forward but neither is Bradshaw and we would like him at the Dogs. The added bonus is that he has played some quality games of senior footy in his short career, he has alot of improvement in him IMHO.
    Our forward line requires a player that can stand up in a contest and provide a bail out option. Walker, despite being a quality forward, isn't that type, so I'm against giving up our first pick.

Our forward line isn't the only hole in our list and our first pick should be used to assist in resolving other deficiencies (outside mid or tall defender).

We've gone tall in our last couple of drafts - it's time to back them in (and pick up Bazza).
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Agree whole-heartedly with Comrade, we need a crash and bash, contesting marking forward ala Hall. Im not sure Walker is developed enough to play this role and is more a hit up type player.

Oh and Sockeye, feel free to answer this or not but did you mention Hall to Rocket and what was his response?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Agree whole-heartedly with Comrade, we need a crash and bash, contesting marking forward ala Hall. Im not sure Walker is developed enough to play this role and is more a hit up type player.

Oh and Sockeye, feel free to answer this or not but did you mention Hall to Rocket and what was his response?
    It's a bit hard to answer, I don't know whether Paul Roos reads this forum or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    do you rate Walker?
    Reasons For or Against.
    I rate Walker as a potential good forward and I possibly wouldn't be tempted to offer pick 15 even if that was sufficient for the Crows. We would probably be paying over the odds on that one.
    I'd rather make a pitch to Mitch Brown from the Eagles if that was possible.
    I just haven't seen enough of Walker to really know if he could be a 60 goals a season forward for us and if the Crows were to shop him around I'm tipping they don't think he could reach that mark with them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd rather make a pitch to Mitch Brown from the Eagles if that was possible.
    You do like him don't you? He did impress this year, but hasn't he just signed with them, indicating he's happy?

What about his brother at Collingwood, struggled this year with injury but could be worth a look at.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    You do like him don't you? He did impress this year, but hasn't he just signed with them, indicating he's happy?

What about his brother at Collingwood, struggled this year with injury but could be worth a look at.
    You want another Nathan Brown in the RW&B?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Use Pick 15 & Andrejs Everitt in return for Fevola

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post

You never know what the Eagles are likely to do so if there was some interest between the Eagles and us doing a deal for Mitch Brown last year so there might still be another chance this year. Contract or not, the door might be ajar.

Nathan Brown at the Pies appears to still be rated highly by Malthouse and he doesn't appear to be as versatile as Mitch.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd keep the first pick unless it was for a proven tall forward otherwise i'd be keen to pick up another midfielder/foward player

Post Thanks / Like

Taylor Walker was a passenger at Adelaide this year, he bobbed up a few times to play good games but all in all, he offered very little. I have no doubt we would have got the same return from Jarrad Grant this year if we had have played him all year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scorlibo View Post
    Taylor Walker was a passenger at Adelaide this year, he bobbed up a few times to play good games but all in all, he offered very little. I have no doubt we would have got the same return from Jarrad Grant this year if we had have played him all year.
    I'd disagree with that based on what I have seen from Taylor playing for Adelaide and Grant for Williamstown.
    Taylor was asked to do a big job and for a few weeks there he answered the challenge. The season was just too long for him.