Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Grand Final

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Grand Final

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Geelong by 14 points.
    Norm Smith medal to Paul Chapman.

Sorry for sort of gloating, I'm usually so far off the mark so I just wanted to point this out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    Sorry for sort of gloating, I'm usually so far off the mark so I just wanted to point this out.
    Only a little bit wrong, well done

But seriously, good guesswork Suz.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Was very similar to last week in several aspects, including some shocking umpiring.
    Some absolute howlers of decisions, Hawkins goal for one, and the most glaring was the hold on Schneider in the last that wasn't paid.

Having said that, much like last week for us, the reason the Saints lost today was failure to kick straight.
    It is a oft-used cliche, but it is 100% true, bad kicking is bad footy.
    We never got the gift goal on the half time siren like they did yesterday. The Saints got their fair share of the umpiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Geelong by 9pts
    Norm to Chappy
    Did I win this little comp too?

Edit: Just saw Suz' prediction...nice work

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alexxx View Post
    Did I win this little comp too?

Edit: Just saw Suz' prediction...nice work

Damn that kick after the siren hey?!

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked Ross Lyons words at the after match function. No 'this is good, buyt we need better' or 'things just didn't go our way' or other nicities and crap. Straight up, put up or shut up. I loved the offer to trade the players who didn't want to do all the hard work in 2010. Although as an opposition club if they start shopping players around, perhaps their the ones who wont do the extra??? Either way i liked the direct and honest approach.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I really liked Ross Lyons words at the after match function. No 'this is good, buyt we need better' or 'things just didn't go our way' or other nicities and crap. Straight up, put up or shut up. I loved the offer to trade the players who didn't want to do all the hard work in 2010. Although as an opposition club if they start shopping players around, perhaps their the ones who wont do the extra??? Either way i liked the direct and honest approach.
    Yeah it was good to hear. But will he follow through?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Yeah it was good to hear. But will he follow through?
    I like the of his jib. I think he has a strength and resolve and would be one of these quiet guys who don't need to posture to exude strength, so i think he will. There is no room for senitment with him and no excuses. What i will be interested in his whether he is of the view any of the 22 don't have a place in his plans for 2010 and beyond based on crunch time ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I like the of his jib. I think he has a strength and resolve and would be one of these quiet guys who don't need to posture to exude strength, so i think he will. There is no room for senitment with him and no excuses. What i will be interested in his whether he is of the view any of the 22 don't have a place in his plans for 2010 and beyond based on crunch time ability.
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking of... should turf Faz and Raf on that criteria, but will they survive if they just train hard, therefore showing that they "want to do the hard work"...
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was thinking of... should turf Faz and Raf on that criteria, but will they survive if they just train hard, therefore showing that they "want to do the hard work"...
    I wouldn't trade Faz, although he regressed badly in the two biggest games. He gave them something this year and should and will be given more time. Raph on the other hand, seems to be a vicious carousel of form. The coaches obviously rate him, although the fans don't (which doesn't mean much). If Raph could get some value up, i'd like to know if they would deal. For all these years he has just never fully taken his AFL opportunity. Schneider and Milne are the ones for me. Schneider isn't that great and you can see why the Swans and Roos gave him away. I just don't see what Lyon does, but my opinion means less than nothing. Milne on the other hand has had so many opportunities to perform and like clockwork underperforms when any level of presure is placed on him. For mine, they should see what they can get for him after a passable H&A season.