Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Footy Classified GF edition

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I havent heard anything about Tim Callan going anywhere. The coach is a huge fan.
    I think he's talking about out of our 22, as opposed to being delisted/traded. I agree if thats the case.

Callan is a good player to have on your list because you know he'll contribute when called upon, however he isn't a player who you consider in your best 22.
    Last edited by soupman; 21-09-2009 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Spelling error

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Who would you have in mind, perhaps a Roughead? I doubt Pavlich would be going anywhere and for two first rounders we are looking for a blue chip player.
    I honestly wouldn't have a clue what the club is up to or who is for sale, but if we want something decent we are going to need some decent bait and two first rounders is a start. The salary cap is going to influence what we do as well.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    I think he's talking about out of our 22, as oposed to being delisted/traded. I agree if thats the case.

Callan is a good player to have on your list because you know he'll contribute when called upon, however he isn't a player who you consider in your best 22.

Yep, I get it now.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Annoying how they said 'We have the GF we all wanted' - same as they said last year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fossie 32 View Post
    Annoying how they said 'We have the GF we all wanted' - same as they said last year.
    F... I hate that saying. Its like we didn't need any of the finals, dismiss the fact another team got dealt the short straw.
    I really hope its a one sided GF.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ErnieSigley View Post
    F... I hate that saying. Its like we didn't need any of the finals, dismiss the fact another team got dealt the short straw.
    I really hope its a one sided GF.
    I agree, I hope Geelong smash them. Not that I have any inherent dislike for St Kilda, I just couldn't stand the smugness all the so called experts (read, has beens) would be exuding if the team with the twin towers wins the GF.

Post Thanks / Like

Why each year do we have players wanting to leave? Power, Jordy, Faz and now supposedly Everitt? Is it most likely a situation with all of the above players being fringe players, thinking they will find a side where they will fit in and actually make the team, or a problem within the club?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    Why each year do we have players wanting to leave? Power, Jordy, Faz and now supposedly Everitt? Is it most likely a situation with all of the above players being fringe players, thinking they will find a side where they will fit in and actually make the team, or a problem within the club?
    It's an interesting trend, but each of those guys share some similarities (outside types that lack intensity).

I think it suggests the direction we're going and the attributes that Rocket places a premium on - maybe they see the writing on the wall and rather than try and improve themselves, they look to move on.

Begs the question, why did Clayton throw our first round picks away on guys who struggle to compete?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie View Post
    I think this was the issue with Power and Farren Ray (all the experts call him by both names!). Don't think it's specific to our club, happens every year to some degree.

IIRC, Jordy wanted to leave because he was having some personal problems (read: girl troubles), and in his opinion, "the previous club" didn't offer him enough support -ie- Rocket didn't jump on a plane and beg his missus to come back home. The stupid little sissy.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I hope the Saints get pumped too.

They don't deserve to be there IMO. Simple. They don't deserve the flag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I hope the Saints get pumped too.

They don't deserve to be there IMO. Simple. They don't deserve the flag.
    I know where you are comming from but then Geelong win it may as well be Essendon (yuk)I am soooooo confused
    bulldogs are forever not just when they are winning

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    It's an interesting trend, but each of those guys share some similarities (outside types that lack intensity).

Begs the question, why did Clayton throw our first round picks away on guys who struggle to compete?
    In fairness to Ray im not sure competiting was his problem but the rest yes.

J Grant - Does he compete? Does he have intensity? Have not seen him live so its hard to tell.