Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Versatile Andrejs Everitt almost certain to change clubs

* Mark Stevens * From: Herald Sun * September 21, 2009 12:00AM

GRAND finalist St Kilda is one of several clubs showing interest in trading for Western Bulldog Andrejs Everitt.

Melbourne, Sydney, the Brisbane Lions and Carlton are also understood to be eyeing the versatile 21-year-old.

Everitt, considered promising enough by a retiring Chris Grant to hand over his No. 3 guernsey two years ago, now seems certain to be headed elsewhere. It will take a second-round pick, at least, to get the deal done.

There is speculation the Saints could be prepared to give up their first-round pick, 16 or 17, given the national draft pool is considered shallow.

Article in full...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Versatile Andrejs Everitt almost certain to change clubs

Hall for our 4th round + Addison is probably how it will go. If other clubs are interested in Hall, we may have to reluctantly offer Addison as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. If the dogs can pick up two first rounders, my gut says we are going to have a serious crack at trading for someone.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Interesting. If the dogs can pick up two first rounders, my gut says we are going to have a serious crack at trading for someone.
    Who do you have in mind?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Who do you have in mind?
    I think it could be a team needing to re-build. So perhaps Freo, Port, Sydney, Richmond.

Of those Pavlich is unlikely and don't have much else we want. Port, not sure they have what we're after. Sydney have White, but probably wouldn't deal. Richmond have Riewoldt, but i am personally not a fan.

But i would love to think there are some KPF's looking seriously at us right now, this would give us the bargaining power, although salary cap is a major issue...
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Agreed. Mentioned something similar on another thread.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Charlie the Wonder Dog Guest

A funny thing happened to me on the way to the game on Friday night.

I was in the queue at gate 6 and I mentioned to the mates I was with that Carlton was sniffing around Everitt.

Well who should be standing right next to me....none other that Brett Ratten!

Felt like a bit of a tool, my mate had a good chat to him on the way in was a nice bloke.

He said that he would prefer to get his hands on Higgins instead.

Post Thanks / Like

First round pick or quality player for Everitt

The guy is a first round pick, has done his apprenticship, and is about to blossom, is under contract, and we loose him

He played some great games in his rookie year, and has played some other OK games since

Post Thanks / Like

why the hell would we trade OUT a promising tall player? WHY??????????

Post Thanks / Like

Hall needs to publically come out and state that his prefered club is the Dogs

Hopefully Fantasia and co have been proactive and negotiated a contract length and $$$s with him already

This would make my week

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    why the hell would we trade OUT a promising tall player? WHY??????????
    I feel the same way, after his rd22 efforts I wanna see him up the ground more..obviously other clubs have seen his potential too.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand. Everyone in the media says he is now a 'certainty' to be leaving but there is still no real quotes from Eade, Fantasia, Everitt or his manager stating he is looking to leave. I'll say it over and over a draft pick for Everitt is overrated. There's always a lot of players in the draft that turn out to be duds.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    I don't understand. Everyone in the media says he is now a 'certainty' to be leaving but there is still no real quotes from Eade, Fantasia, Everitt or his manager stating he is looking to leave. I'll say it over and over a draft pick for Everitt is overrated. There's always a lot of players in the draft that turn out to be duds.
    You would think we would not trade Everitt unless we are going to ontrade that pick for a player we are targetting.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    That's why you package two first rounders together and go shopping. Everitt is no certainty to make it either. In all honesty, how would you rate his year against the expectancy of you, the club and himself?

Post Thanks / Like

That's why you package two first rounders together and go shopping. Everitt is no certainty to make it either. In all honesty, how would you rate his year against the expectancy of you, the club and himself?
    A major let down and in all honesty I can see him and Hill fighting for the same position next year.
    The curse is dead.