Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Versatile Andrejs Everitt almost certain to change clubs

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Wasn't Everitt's draft a "super draft?"

If so, pretty disappointing if we end up trading Everitt for a pick in an average draft.
    If I recall correctly, he was touted as a late 2nd rounder before Clayton picked him from the clouds so to speak.

And we all know how good Clayton's eye for key position players is
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    If I recall correctly, he was touted as a late 2nd rounder before Clayton picked him from the clouds so to speak.

And we all know how good Clayton's eye for key position players is
    Yep, especially since both Brown boys were picked either side of Everitt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevw9 View Post
    What are the chances of the following three way between Port, Hawthorn and us. (Salery cap aside):

Basically pick 8, 9 and 15 and players Roughead, Burgoyne and Everitt change hands, resulting in:

1. Everitt to Port for pick 8
    2. Picks 8 and 15 to Hawks for Roughead
    3. Hawks on-trade Pick 9 and 15 to Port for Burgoyne.

Hawks: Pick 8 and Burgoyne.

Port: Picks 9 and 15 and Everitt

WB: Roughead
    Loose Roughead for Burgoyne and only move up one spot in the draft? Not likely given the Hawks recent trading record

Post Thanks / Like

I say get rid of him, he's not worthy of the number 3 and if we can get something good for him then why not.

In all honesty he's not going to fit in at the Bulldogs. We don't really have a spot for him, and we have other players like Boumann that will surpase him next year.

He is contracted so it's not like we are forced to trade for him. If the deal is right then go for it.

I would also offer up Addison, Tiller, Stack for any potential good deals.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Loose Roughead for Burgoyne and only move up one spot in the draft? Not likely given the Hawks recent trading record
    I can dream though

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdoggie View Post
    I say get rid of him, he's not worthy of the number 3 and if we can get something good for him then why not.

In all honesty he's not going to fit in at the Bulldogs. We don't really have a spot for him, and we have other players like Boumann that will surpase him next year.

He is contracted so it's not like we are forced to trade for him. If the deal is right then go for it.

12 months ago Everitt was the Golden Boy. This year he has been disappointing, but didn't get more games only because he was competing with Morris, Hargrave, Gilbee and Williams in a side which should be playing in the GF. Now we apparently have a new Chosen One who is yet to play a senior game, not to mention "other players of similar ilk".

I would only, and I stress only, trade Everitt if it is part of a deal to get an elite, experienced player. If you were to rank tall potential KPPs that we have recruited over the last 10 years (not including our current unproven kids) I think you would find Everitt very close to the top. What makes people think we could improve on him in this year's draft which is acknowledged to be very shallow for KPPs.

None of Boumann, Grant, Cordy or Roughead have shown the potential Everitt showed in his first year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobmurphy View Post
    Yep, especially since both Brown boys were picked either side of Everitt.
    Jack Riewoldt two spots later hurts. I like his hands.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Before I Die View Post
    12 months ago Everitt was the Golden Boy. This year he has been disappointing, but didn't get more games only because he was competing with Morris, Hargrave, Gilbee and Williams in a side which should be playing in the GF. Now we apparently have a new Chosen One who is yet to play a senior game, not to mention "other players of similar ilk".

I would only, and I stress only, trade Everitt if it is part of a deal to get an elite, experienced player. If you were to rank tall potential KPPs that we have recruited over the last 10 years (not including our current unproven kids) I think you would find Everitt very close to the top. What makes people think we could improve on him in this year's draft which is acknowledged to be very shallow for KPPs.

None of Boumann, Grant, Cordy or Roughead have shown the potential Everitt showed in his first year.
    Only thing I disagree with is that Everitt has never shown much potential as a KPP. His fantastic first 9 games in 2007 were as a running linkman in the midfield. He has actually been quite disappointing to date when assigned a role as a key defender in the past. A lot of that has to do with his age, but the main knock on him is his lack of intensity, which isn't something that can be easily taught. My concern with trading him is that he is bottom age and only 3 years in the system, and is on the brink of blossoming. Again, I'll back the MC and their perspectives on this issue, as they live and breath the players on a daily basis.

Post Thanks / Like

What in your mind is a good deal? Or perhaps even a type of player/s we should be looking to trade for?

Post Thanks / Like

I think Stack has plenty to offer next year as a mid-sized forward who can move into the midfield.

He moves as well as any one on our list, has a very good leap and is prone to doing some special things (and silly things too).

We’ve put a lot of time and effort into his development over the past 3 years – next year we should start reaping the benefits.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Unless we trade him (or the pick we get) for an established very good KPF then I say no with a capital NO. 3 years into the system and already has some games under his belt. His time to really blossom is the next 2 years, hold until the end of the contract at worst.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Unless we trade him (or the pick we get) for an established very good KPF then I say no with a capital NO. 3 years into the system and already has some games under his belt. His time to really blossom is the next 2 years, hold until the end of the contract at worst.
    Apparently according to SEN Everitt/Rocket had a falling out, which is why Everitt is looking for a trade. Take that information with a grain of salt, but if it's true, I wouldn't be too happy with Eade's list management in the past two years.

That would mean both Ray and Everitt have left because they haven't been able to sort out any differences with the coach. Ray's had a solid season with St. Kilda and might be apart of a Premiership. Everitt has obvious talent and is only coming into his own from 2010 onwards.

Let's hope this is a beat-up, unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Jack Riewoldt two spots later hurts. I like his hands.

He's gotten better each year and now has all the making a good key forward. He will probably never be a star player but he would fit our side nicely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's gotten better each year and now has all the making a good key forward. He will probably never be a star player but he would fit our side nicely.
    In all honesty, we probably would've played him in defence or at least further up the ground in the interest of 'developing' his game.

If the Etihad deal holds up, I’m hoping we can snare a development coach who specializes in getting the best out of forwards/key position players.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Apparently according to SEN Everitt/Rocket had a falling out, which is why Everitt is looking for a trade. Take that information with a grain of salt, but if it's true, I wouldn't be too happy with Eade's list management in the past two years.

That would mean both Ray and Everitt have left because they haven't been able to sort out any differences with the coach. Ray's had a solid season with St. Kilda and might be apart of a Premiership. Everitt has obvious talent and is only coming into his own from 2010 onwards.

Let's hope this is a beat-up, unless we get an offer we can't refuse.
    Something has changed in the last few weeks but who really knows if SEN have reported it right.
    More information will come out soon enough