Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Versatile Andrejs Everitt almost certain to change clubs

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Something has changed in the last few weeks but who really knows if SEN have reported it right.
    More information will come out soon enough
    I don't take anything on SEN as gospel, but if true, is it just Eade's style or do we have a few soft charachters which can't take some honest feedback?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I don't take anything on SEN as gospel, but if true, is it just Eade's style or do we have a few soft charachters which can't take some honest feedback?
    I believe Rays gripe was the feeling that the coach didn't value him and that's why he wanted to go to the Saints which from his perspective was the right move. I always felt that Eade didn't have a plan on how to use Ray effectively.

Perhaps Everitt has come to the same conclusion and wants out now.
    Hopefully he will see the light but I did hear on Saturday that a couple of clubs were keen on him and that he "was on the market"
    The reports in the paper seem to support that.

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Rays gripe was the feeling that the coach didn't value him and that's why he wanted to go to the Saints which from his perspective was the right move. I always felt that Eade didn't have a plan on how to use Ray effectively.

Perhaps Everitt has come to the same conclusion and wants out now.
    Hopefully he will see the light but I did hear on Saturday that a couple of clubs were keen on him and that he "was on the market"
    The reports in the paper seem to support that.
    Thanks GVGjr. Then the question is what's been happening at Willi? Surely Everitt should have been given opportunities to play most positions to see where he fits in, i'm not too sure that's the case though (although please correct me). If Eade doesn't believe he's seen enough of Everitt succeeding in other positions then i think the issue goes to development and the alignment. I'd hate this to be a reason why we are losing player/s.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Josh Kennedy didn't do much at Carlton or even the Bullants for his 1st 3 years and who wouldn't put him in our team now.

We'll never develop a Key forward if we can't show some faith and patience.

Post Thanks / Like

Ray and Eade had a very heated discussion after the Hawks game, so much so that my source told me then that Ray was not going to be playing with us the following year. I shared this info with fellow woofers at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    why the hell would we trade OUT a promising tall player? WHY??????????
    Bemuses me as well .... valuable player for the future

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Ray and Eade had a very heated discussion after the Hawks game, so much so that my source told me then that Ray was not going to be playing with us the following year. I shared this info with fellow woofers at the time.
    He did play terribly in that qualifying final last year, but had many mates. I thought the club kept on saying last year that Ray was a required player and they did everything to keep him, but he wanted to go. Is that right?

I'd be gutted if we lose Everitt he is going to be very good and has a lot of talent, it's a shame is we lose him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by arkie View Post
    He did play terribly in that qualifying final last year, but had many mates. I thought the club kept on saying last year that Ray was a required player and they did everything to keep him, but he wanted to go. Is that right?
    We may have come out and said he was a required player, not too sure we did everything to keep him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Apparently according to SEN Everitt/Rocket had a falling out, which is why Everitt is looking for a trade. Take that information with a grain of salt, but if it's true, I wouldn't be too happy with Eade's list management in the past two years.

That would mean both Ray and Everitt have left because they haven't been able to sort out any differences with the coach. Ray's had a solid season with St. Kilda and might be apart of a Premiership. Everitt has obvious talent and is only coming into his own from 2010 onwards.

Let's hope this is a beat-up, unless we get an offer we can't refuse.
    I don't think Ray's season has been any better or worse at the Saints than at ours. I just think his role there suits him more. At the Dogs, we trusted him to be on the end of the link ups and carry the ball. If you'll notice at the Saints, he always looks to handball to the running player, because he can'tkick. I'm not knocking the boy, his move to St Kilda was good for both parties and he fits in better there. He seemed like a good kid and I always liked his application, but he has poor skills and decision making. The Saints have turned him into a decent player there because they have removed the requirement for him to rely on either of those problem areas. It was hugely noticeable in the PF what his problems were. As we knew his game, when he got the ball, we just gave him space and forced him to kick.

Oh, back on course. If the price is right for Everitt then trade him, but I'd really rather keep him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stevw9 View Post
    What are the chances of the following three way between Port, Hawthorn and us. (Salery cap aside):

Basically pick 8, 9 and 15 and players Roughead, Burgoyne and Everitt change hands, resulting in:

1. Everitt to Port for pick 8
    2. Picks 8 and 15 to Hawks for Roughead
    3. Hawks on-trade Pick 9 and 15 to Port for Burgoyne.

Hawks: Pick 8 and Burgoyne.

Port: Picks 9 and 15 and Everitt

WB: Roughead
    Wont happen, Everitt is not worth pick 8

Post Thanks / Like

said in the Age today doggies will more than likely trade skinny for pick 27, I hope this is not true

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chief View Post
    said in the Age today doggies will more than likely trade skinny for pick 27, I hope this is not true
    It aint.
    For those who were always the underdogs and wore it as a badge of honour.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aker39 View Post
    It aint.
    care to elaborate?

Post Thanks / Like

care to elaborate?
    not for pick 27 that is for sure
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

care to elaborate?
    He's contracted for 2 years, 6 clubs interested.

He stays, or we trade him, but at a much lower number than 27.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!