Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aker and the Brownlow

Quote Originally Posted by strebla View Post
    That is the way i remember it nearly exept it was essex st at the Albert Hotel for what I was told!!
    Yup, he was living upstairs at the time.
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell is he wearing on The Footy Show??? IS HE STILL ON THE TURPS??? Will Bazza allow that kind of finery to be worn at the kennel???
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Saw Aker on the Footy Show last night, and had the grace to sheepishly mention that he was wearing his specially tailored "Brownlow" suit that he never got to wear on Monday night. Specifically mentioned Mitch Hahn's influence in a drinking competition!! I'm glad our boys unwind, but more that they stay out of the limelight, unlike that D *%K head, Fevola!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, the Footy Show missed out on one of the coups of the year by not inviting Mrs. Aker to come along with Jason in HER special dress. THAT would have really made her night and gone some way to making up for missing the Brownlow and added some much needed class to the proceedings.

Post Thanks / Like

Women put up with a lot, especially with drunk blokes. Drunk blokes are the most boring, selfish and unthinking creatures. Aker really did need to care enough about his wife to NOT allow himself to get into such a state when it meant her happiness at getting dolled up and going out later that evening should have been paramount. It sounds like she is a good and forgiving soul, but don't partners deserve better? How Fev's partner could enjoy the evening he dished up is beyond me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by metal View Post
    Women put up with a lot, especially with drunk blokes. Drunk blokes are the most boring, selfish and unthinking creatures. Aker really did need to care enough about his wife to NOT allow himself to get into such a state when it meant her happiness at getting dolled up and going out later that evening should have been paramount. It sounds like she is a good and forgiving soul, but don't partners deserve better? How Fev's partner could enjoy the evening he dished up is beyond me.
    Not me. I'm funnier, smarter and more popular.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Not me. I'm funnier, smarter and more popular.
    Better looking too?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Better looking too?
    Nah...everyone else seems to be though
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -